Yo Ewan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I am making a farming game, and I'd like to make a drought system.

So basically, ten days before the drought, I'd like the player to be alerted that a drought is coming.
Then days later, I would like it not to rain in the game. (I have a common event controlling the weather.)
Ten days after that, I would like it so that the drought ends.

How would I do this?

Thanks in advance?
EwantheGreat

johanes

Hobo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
is the drought a season/(happens every year) or random(can or cant happen a year)???

johanes

Hobo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
if season you can store in a variable the day and every morning an event check if it is the day and then disable any rain that may happen
you can have an elnino/drought timer which on each day lessen 1 point but in using that you should have a negative checker (if it is less than zero) {var = 0}

if random you can use formula like Math.random() using scripts
page1>FlowControl>conditional branch
ex. Math.round(Math.random() * 100) == 2 << 2 which is the probability it would have drought
you can also make the probability a variable so that you can change its % in different season
(for example a drought is most probable in summer)
Math.round(Math.random() * 100) == $game_variables[x] << x which is the number of the variable

Last edited:

Yo Ewan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is the drought a season/(happens every year) or random(can or cant happen a year)???
It's a period of time. But the player is warned ahead of time

johanes

Hobo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
you should have a log of the date using variables
(eg. 0001 for spring 1, 0204 for summer 4)
if it is on that day (eg. CONDITION BRANCH>> variable 1 >> = >> drought day) then the nessesary action {eg. control switch 001 is on}
then in the variable run by the control switch {SHOW TEXT: //text; and all the other things; but be sure to include a day count}

johanes

Hobo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
it is better if youll use a plugin on the resource threads, or make your own plugin for your own preferences..

well if not ill probably do this..
first arrange a day (how it works, the lighting and all you want to put in a regular day) its all on your own
be sure to add a day in the day count every end of the day
and check if the day is morethan the lenght of the month so you can change the month

upload_2017-6-2_17-28-2.png

if the day is not ended naturally, or the player desides to sleep the whole day,
you should have an event like this, or it depends...
upload_2017-6-2_17-58-52.png
i dont know how to rewrite save using this... so just find it elsewhere

make a date checker, if it is on a specific day alert something, you can use it in birthdays, festivals and all the other things you want in a specific calendar day...
so if you decide that drought is always on the specific day you should probably put it here
if not Just tell me
upload_2017-6-2_17-29-31.png

next if it alerts,(the drought event) do this
too much to explain but you can probably understand this..
upload_2017-6-2_17-30-17.png

hope this helps.. winkwink** XD
if you need anything to be clarified, just PM. i dont like posting on peoples thread XD

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-2_17-29-7.png
    upload_2017-6-2_17-29-7.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

johanes

Hobo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just a thing, im gonna be working on a plugin about farming for my errand for this month, im searching for a partner in crime, if youre interested just pm me.

details for the plugin:
//runs in 15 different climates according to the latitude of the place to the map
//plants that doesn't grow surprisingly fast unlike the regular games (be realistic, a tomato doesn't grow in just a season)
//plants that doesnt need extra care if planted on the right season. (less watering)
//plant relying on daylight hours, day and night temperatures, and mm of rain received for a day. if this exceeds largely or is not met on a great extent, the plant may die XD

if youre interested, pm!!! xD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zonewebsitesusa