Status
Not open for further replies.

annikalb98

Idiot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello. My name is Sage. I recently got the full version of RPGMaker VX Ace. I've figured a lot of things out on my own, but some questions still remain that I can't figure out on my own. I've looked and I've found answers but I'm still unsure about how exactly to go about some of this. Pardon if I seem amateur, I'm not the greatest with technology.

Anyways, my first two questions are regarding doors. How do I make a door that opens and closes anyway? I've seen this answered but it still seems to confuse me...somehow.

And I read somewhere about how to use keys with doors, something about a conditional branch...can someone give me screen shots or something? Arg...sometimes I feel really stupid, I feel like everything I'm asking should be obvious to me.

My next two are regarding objects. I know as far as falling objects go I can probably just have a tile somewhere set to switch maps and the next map is the exact same but with the broken object. Is there a better way of doing this?

And what if I want an object to slide? Like not just move one block, but slide to the next block.

I think my last question...sorry about all the questions...

I have a living thing as my save point, and at one point you converse with it during the map before it goes to the save screen. Is there a way to make it so after that conversation happens once the next time on that map you want to save you don't go through the same conversation?

Please help, thank you. ^^; Sorry if I had too many questions or something is obvious and I'm over looking it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For the door, you can use the quick event creation for doors, right click the tile when on event layer and choose quick events

dinhbat3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Anni

Here are some tips

Door:

In the event just use "Conditional Branch" which is on the first tab of the events option when u double click on a line.

From here you can choose what the condition is. For the door the condition would be if the item "Key" is in the party inventory

Moving Objects:

On the second tab of the event options there is a function called move route. You can make objects move in any path that you choose for as many blocks as you want.

Broken Objects & Save Spot:

The answer to both of your questions is the Self Switch function. When you set up the event for the item to slide using move object. Set up Self Switch A to ON at the end of the first page. The second page should be set up with a condition Self Switch A ON (Conditions are on the left o the window) and have the picture of the broken object instead in the animation box.

Similarly you can do the same with the save point. Have it do the event normally on page one, set up a Self Switch and on page 2 with Self Switch ON condition, have it function normally. 

General Advice:

There are some great tutorials out there for these eventing. It is really a great resource and even some demos for variable and switch use. I would definitely suggest looking these up and playing around with them before going further in your project =D

Goodluck! I hope this helped.

~ Dinhbat

annikalb98

Idiot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Anni

Here are some tips

Door:

In the event just use "Conditional Branch" which is on the first tab of the events option when u double click on a line.

From here you can choose what the condition is. For the door the condition would be if the item "Key" is in the party inventory

Moving Objects:

On the second tab of the event options there is a function called move route. You can make objects move in any path that you choose for as many blocks as you want.

Broken Objects & Save Spot:

The answer to both of your questions is the Self Switch function. When you set up the event for the item to slide using move object. Set up Self Switch A to ON at the end of the first page. The second page should be set up with a condition Self Switch A ON (Conditions are on the left o the window) and have the picture of the broken object instead in the animation box.

Similarly you can do the same with the save point. Have it do the event normally on page one, set up a Self Switch and on page 2 with Self Switch ON condition, have it function normally. 

General Advice:

There are some great tutorials out there for these eventing. It is really a great resource and even some demos for variable and switch use. I would definitely suggest looking these up and playing around with them before going further in your project =D

Goodluck! I hope this helped.

~ Dinhbat
Thaaank you~!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Need a few testers for my new plugin, any takers?
Good night (or day) to everyone! :smile:
You thought kids rooms were messy. Look at this.
Back in the house and I'm hungry
Yoshi!
DNPwhy.gif

You're using that item wrong... TwT

Trying to get the mechanics down for a cute, story-driven board game! I think I've accomplished dice movement, item effects, and activating a space's event when you land on it. Art is WIP. Hope to open a thread about the game soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
owokambo