PoniMeiMei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
so im starting a private project for a close friend and the theme i want to have is like rune factory , so if anyone could help me with a few scripts itd be appreciated.

scripts that i may need:
a friendship/relationship script,
a farming script,
a animal care script,
a 4 month year script, spring,summer,fall and winter. all lasting 28-30 days

what im looking for in the FS/RS script is a secret point meter of how close you are with a character, and gift giving.
with the farming script i want it to take a few days in game for crops to grow.
the animal care system is pretty self explanatory but i would like a naming aspect to the script

sorry im all over the place i just want to make a game thats apart of my favorite genre and a special gift to my friend .

if anyone at all could help id appreciate it!

please let me know at all if this post needs changing !

Allaboutevent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Check out Caz Wolfs Cookie Cutter projects on Itch.io.

Although not scripts they do the job, there is a relationship, farming, day night, seasons and calendar systems all in Events you can easily copy paste.

PoniMeiMei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check out Caz Wolfs Cookie Cutter projects on Itch.io.

Although not scripts they do the job, there is a relationship, farming, day night, seasons and calendar systems all in Events you can easily copy paste.
ah! thank you ill look at it!

PoniMeiMei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the resource that were mentioned were only for MV, not Vx Ace.
anyone have any other ideas?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PoniMeiMei
Based on your topic here, I think it may be very helpfull for your project if you start to learn the basics of the engine on a scrap project before starting your farming project.

Because half of what you want is usually done by eventing without any script use, and in the other cases the scripts are often only used to supplement eventing instead of replacing it.
or in other words you have problems finding scripts for that because those scripts are neither needed nor exist.

relationship/friendship is usually handled by variables. the only part where a tiny number of people use scripts is if you want a menu screen to tell the player the current friendship values - most people don't use that because they don't want the player to see the mechanics of that system, and others use event screens.
And even if you need such a screen that is usually so specific that those screen scripts are done custom for a specific game instead of being released for other games who can't use them anyway.

animal care and farming is basically the same from a game mechanic point of view, and usually done by assisted eventing - and in 99% of all cases the assist is limited to an event timer script (do NOT confuse this with time management, event timers are something different).

your last point, time management for seasons, is almost always done by events - the only time scripts I know of focus on simulating a real calendar, and that would clash with your idea of four seasons instead of twelve months.
and it's basically easier to do this by eventing anyway.

if you follow the link to the starting point in my signature, that should guide you to the tutorials you need to learn eventing.

Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vestrio