RMMV A footsteps plugin with random pitch variance?

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen a few footstep plugins when searching, but none of them appear to have a very common feature I've seen in other engines/games.

In my experience, a very common feature is to be able to specify several sounds for each terrain type, then to also have the game randomly choose a pitch variation between a min and max each time it plays a step. That way, if you have 3 sounds, and 20% pitch variation for each of them, you can walk 100 steps and it you don't notice a pattern.

Does anyone know if any of the MV plugins do this?-

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen a few footstep plugins when searching, but none of them appear to have a very common feature I've seen in other engines/games.

In my experience, a very common feature is to be able to specify several sounds for each terrain type, then to also have the game randomly choose a pitch variation between a min and max each time it plays a step. That way, if you have 3 sounds, and 20% pitch variation for each of them, you can walk 100 steps and it you don't notice a pattern.

Does anyone know if any of the MV plugins do this?-

See TheoAllen’s plug-in, linked in his post here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/footsteps-se-when-walking.98822/

I haven’t used it, but a quick look suggests it supports terrain regions and that you can use a plug-in command to change the sound, including pitch. Combined with simply generating a random number and then using conditional to check that random number and assign a new pitch, would this do what you want?

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
could also use yanfly region common events, then within the common event, roll a variable and a series of conditional branches checking for results of the variable's random value, which can then play the sound effect desired, but with a different pitch for each result

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
See TheoAllen’s plug-in, linked in his post here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/footsteps-se-when-walking.98822/

I haven’t used it, but a quick look suggests it supports terrain regions and that you can use a plug-in command to change the sound, including pitch. Combined with simply generating a random number and then using conditional to check that random number and assign a new pitch, would this do what you want?
Thanks for the suggestion; unfortunately that's RB for VX; I need a version for MV as stated in the thread tag.

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the suggestion; unfortunately that's RB for VX; I need a version for MV as stated in the thread tag.
Sorry! Completely missed that!
Thanks for being polite about it.

Perhaps Zerothedarklord’s suggestion of Yanfly’s plug-in is what you need then? I haven’t used that either though

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The light has gone out of my life.

About time they finally press the kill switch button for older makers.
Sorry everyone, I am here sporadically. After 6 years of delays after delays in my life, I try to do all mat once and that means that I spread thin everywhere because it just is impossible to crunch 6 years in one or even two, but I try! I wish many of that I would already given you and put behind but... well...
I'm looking for an experienced gamer who has played a few games created with RPG Maker, who knows what an alpha build is, who may remember the old days when cliché was the favorite word on Creation Asylum, who, if a reviewer, would ask for my permission before making a review to post on YouTube, or whatever, since I will be messaging you a 10 minute, or so, DEMO based on an alpha build of Effervesce Fallacy™.
No matter how many times I listen to him, I know this is Joker speaking, but my brain can only hear Dagda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sphynxcatsforsale