Mhoogis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Let me set the scene-

You have a Player Char. His maind gimmick is that he has a spell that lets him grow into a stronger form- up to four in total. With each form, some stats increase while others decrease, and certain skills and spells are only available at certain forms. You would need to trade in a certain amount of "form tokens" for these special skills, which will reduce you down to the proportionate form.

For example, you are at your fourth, final form, and have a few options- use a party-wide cure spell and go down to form 3, use a party-wide healing spell and go down to form 2, or use a devastating screen-clearer and go all the way back to form 1.

These changes in forms will be visible on the overworld in real time- and on the battle screen as well.

You also have a spell that inflicts a certain debuff- one that reduces the foe's stats and changes their battle sprite.

I am brand new to RPGMaker MV, and I know that this kind of thing is a very ambitious system to tackle for a first project. I have the idea that at a good chunk of this can be pulled off through events, but I am still very much a newborn.

If anyone has ideas, I thank you for your time and curtousy!

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are probably multiple ways you could do that. I’d use a variable to keep track of your characters form. Varible 0 = form one, varible 1 = form two and so on. So every time your character uses a skillun a common event that raises or lowers the variable by the appropriate amount.

Set a troop event that gives the appropriate buffs, debuffs and skills based on what the variable’s current value is. You can use Yanfly’s Base Troop Events Plugin so that you can copy the event into all your troops.

There is a event command that lets you change your characters image to reflect his current form.

Edit: You can also use that variable in your damage formulas to make your skills have different effects based on your characters form. See this thread for more info.

Last edited:

Mhoogis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are probably multiple ways you could do that. I’d use a variable to keep track of your characters form. Varible 0 = form one, varible 1 = form two and so on. So every time your character uses a skillun a common event that raises or lowers the variable by the appropriate amount.

Set a troop event that gives the appropriate buffs, debuffs and skills based on what the variable’s current value is. You can use Yanfly’s Base Troop Events Plugin so that you can copy the event into all your troops.

There is a event command that lets you change your characters image to reflect his current form.

Edit: You can also use that variable in your damage formulas to make your skills have different effects based on your characters form. See this thread for more info.

Thank you very much! I'll give it a try and see how it goes!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.
Humans have such a capacity to assign personalities and love to objects. We do this because we love them. It's interesting then that our fears over AI are that they won't love us back and will instead hate us.
I'm actively looking for people who want to recreate classical compositions in the public domain for RPG Maker games. I've got a whole kick going on of looking for several resources from anyone which would be sharable amongst commercial games. This latest pursuit is something I'm surprised no one else has started doing.
I played Deltarune chapter 2 today! It was great. No spoilers, but I hope one day I can design a world as interesting as Toby Fox and team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eurosoleil