MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, maybe this idea has been debated before, but I couldn't find it. Also, I'm aware how hard this could be, still, seems at least nice to have the idea.

Without further delay, lets get into it. So I had this cute idea of making a game about the community (about us). This simple concept already carries tons of problems, first and most important: the amount of members here (122,332 by the time this thread was redacted), second: the roles for everyone, honestly 122,332 actors in a game... yeah, I don't think that would be smart. Third: different styles, some devs just make 2D games, others 2.5D and some 3D, some stick to traditional RPG's others to VN's, and I'm not even touching the art-style topic because its slightly obvious, merging all of them in one project is indeed a hard task.

But imagine we could surpass those issues, then what's next? I'm leaving this plot concept if you are interested on the idea (of course, not saying its the only one possible)

You (the player, as a new member) finally decided to join the RPG Maker forums, however, what a surprise! The page is a mess, what happened? A virus took over the place and its dragging the users into a digital world, you must know survive agaisnt hundreds of different monsters stored in the resources threads, corrupted plugins are crashing the place and need to be fixed! You'll need to team up with other members in order to fix the website and save the data!

There are so many different kind of monsters in this website, you'll definetly need strenght by your side!
Those glitchy plugins will need some javascript knowledge, you better find some plugin makers!
The layout is completely distorted, maybe some artists will help you fix them!
To restore the security of the website you'll require the power of the admins and the mods, but where are them?

The enviroment is a huge mix of the forums layout and many projects stored at the website, want to log out? Too bad! It took you to a horror game! Want to write a profile status asking for help? Unfortunate! You're now in a Final Fantasy fan game! (You get the idea?) Its impossible to escape, everything is a mess. Who or what could be behind all of this?

And that would be pretty much it, this is most likely a daydream of mine, have you ever thought about a project like this? I know its kinda close to imposible, but It would be so neat! Would you like seeing something like this actually becoming real? How would you participate? :kaohi:

Reactions: a_a

a_a

Anonymous Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this is an amazing idea!! Id love seeing this. If you need any soundtrack work done hmu :3

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@a_a Its lovely you'd like to help ^-^
And I just noticed I didn't though about musicians in the concept... sorry musical fellas :kaoswt:

Reactions: a_a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
_Coby_