A free or cheap game wiki site that isn't awful?

Carduus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lots and lots of games have their game wikis on Wikia because it's free and anyone can post there. However, Wikia is absolutely horrendous unless you have high-quality ad-blocking plugins. Random popup/sound ads, streaming video, just anything they can think of to eat bandwidth. There are a few sites that rent space to AAA games, but I doubt I'm going to break even with this project, so my budget is fairly small.

Do you know of any game-friendly wikis with low bars to signup, cheap or free monthly charge, but less horrendous ad systems than Wikia that you'd recommend?

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't have any idea, but since this would be useful, I'm going to patiently wait as well...

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' forum is about the principles of game making, and hosting sites don't really fit into that category.

I've moved this thread to General Lounge. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've used Wikidot before because you can have up to 5 wiki sites for free, and make them private or only able to be seen by who you chose.

So like only your team can have access for example. I think wikis are useful for compiling information and navigating said info!

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol the amount of alternative sites to wikia are endless a simple google search would of brought you 100s of answers for this one. Even if it's not a wiki site it's pretty easy to copy the format for the most part to make it have the info and just about the same places as wiki.

Carduus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would have difficulty getting a game developer's opinion on those sites, however. If you can intuit that from a list of wiki sites, then you're a better googler than I.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aj1913