forgettablepyromaniac

Unpegged texture in living form
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Alrighty, hi! I had a quick question regarding generated characters - other than making it by hand (because I'm not the most artistically inclined), is there any way I could make them a sprinting sprite? It feels a bit strange that when they go faster they walk the same. If not, thats fine, but I was just curious if anyone had made a way to do that. Cheers!

SGHarlekin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably not. I mean technically yes, use your image manipulation software of choice. But have you seen these feet? I'm not sure how someone would make a running animation with legs that are like 4 pixels high... I opted to remove sprint from my game and in turn raise the base speed a little bit.

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately there is no other way to get running sprites at the moment outside of just drawing it by hand for MV generated sprites. Even if you find a running template, you'll still have to do some editing for the clothing.

forgettablepyromaniac

Unpegged texture in living form
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Probably not. I mean technically yes, use your image manipulation software of choice. But have you seen these feet? I'm not sure how someone would make a running animation with legs that are like 4 pixels high... I opted to remove sprint from my game and in turn raise the base speed a little bit.
that's a decent way to go about it, actually. I kinda like the dashing, though.
Unfortunately there is no other way to get running sprites at the moment outside of just drawing it by hand for MV generated sprites. Even if you find a running template, you'll still have to do some editing for the clothing.
that's fair. aw well :) thank you

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxx042