A giant crystal ball characterset/tileset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know there's something like that out there... I've seen it! Can anyone help me find it?

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GamerDude_Creations That's awesome, but not the one I was looking for. It was large and split in two, And I think it was made into a characterset...

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Do you have a pic for reference? Just to know what are we looking for.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Juanita Star Unfortunately, no... I remember seeing it a while ago, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Juanita Star Unfortunately, no... I remember seeing it a while ago, but I can't remember where I saw it.
Okay, but do you have another kind of reference? Like an image from google or something that looks like the tile you are looking for?

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Juanita Star Unfortunately, I don't... I looked for something similar and I wasn't able to find anything. The best I can do is describe it a little better. It was a giant crystal ball that glowed from the inside and it was cut it half so you would need two events to make the whole...

I should have saved it when I had the chance and I'm hitting myself now because I didn't.

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Was the crystal clear? Colored? Was there something in it? What color did it glow? Was the glow completely contained inside it?

Did it have a base? Is the base plain? Does it have legs? Is it sculpted? What color?

Was it divided in half vertically or horizontally? Was the divide a clean cut, or was it jagged as if it had been broken? Is there a specific reason it needs to be divided in half?

How "giant" do you want it to be? Pixel dimensions would be ideal, but even knowing "as big as a person" or "as big as a house" would be a good starting point.

Also, what maker are you using? That can affect how the character set needs to be laid out, and how many frames they have to work with. Were the two halves on the same character, or was each half its own character?

All of those things will help an artist visualize what's in your head.

Last edited:

coyotecraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
MV got a free Magic and Scifi DLC pack a while back. There's some crystal balls in that. Could that be what you're thinking of?

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was the crystal clear? Colored? Was there something in it? What color did it glow? Was the glow completely contained inside it?

Did it have a base? Is the base plain? Does it have legs? Is it sculpted? What color?

Was it divided in half vertically or horizontally? Was the divide a clean cut, or was it jagged as if it had been broken? Is there a specific reason it needs to be divided in half?

How "giant" do you want it to be? Pixel dimensions would be ideal, but even knowing "as big as a person" or "as big as a house" would be a good starting point.

Also, what maker are you using? That can affect how the character set needs to be laid out, and how many frames they have to work with. Were the two halves on the same character, or was each half its own character?

All of those things will help an artist visualize what's in your head.
It was big... about twice or three times larger than a rtp character. It was split in half vertically and glowed a yellowish glow from inside the crystal. It kind of remember a base, but am not sure. I think it was sculpted.

It looked like it might be animated, but I could be wrong.

@coyotecraft Is there anything like what I just described? I would like to see what's in the pack though sounds right up my alley...

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This is the link for the MV Magic and Sci-Fi pack, but I didn't see anything like what you described. There are a couple of crystal balls, but none that are twice the size of a character. (The pack is pretty cool, though. Too bad I still use XP.)

So far, no one's been able to provide any information on the original resource you wanted--at this point, your best bet is probably to have someone to make something similar to it that you can use. You'll need to provide really specific descriptions of what you want so that someone doesn't spend their time making it, only to find out that it's not what you want.

If you want a simple crystal ball, like this, I can probably come up with something for you. If you wanted the base with something like sculpted skeleton hands or dragon heads, that's out of my league.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TeiRaven Thanks for the pack, that's cool... At the moment I don't really need it, just really wanted to try it out in my game to see if it would fit for the ending cutscene. Something like a giant ball that collects magic and stores it.

Thanks for the help.

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
That's a really neat idea! For something that creates and stores magic, if you're not sold on the crystal ball specifically, there are some really, really neat crystals in the pack. You could add a glow of your choice with any graphics program that supports transparency. Depending on how the plot of your game works, you could even have multiple types of crystals to store multiple types of magic.

I'll ping you if I have a chance to make a crystal ball like the one I linked.

EDIT: I didn't have a lot of time, the bases aren't anything to write home about, but here are some 144x144px crystal balls so you can test your idea. I included a version without the base as well (so if you have something handy that would make a nice base, you can just drop them in.) I also didn't split them in half, because I can't quite figure out the benefit of doing so? I'm happy to divide them for you if necessary.

I also attached the transparent versions, without any yellow glow, in case you want to put something inside.

Attachments

Last edited:

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TeiRaven HEY! I found it! It's @Sturmfels materials...

pj3hexxf.png
From their thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Oh excellent! That is a super lovely crystal ball, I love the one on the pedestal.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Welp. Glad that it solved xD But I never had guessed it was like that lol.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol
"I want custom, more lively looking grass for my forest map."

"Just set overworld grass as outside grass."

--RM Wisdom--
Any thoughts on my hexagon map system?
Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexyahoo