Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone

I don't know if I'm right in this forum section because of the headline is game idea and I have a game idea of myself. I wanna make a indie games where I can public them on Nintendo Switch as a cartdridge like Switch and I wanna developing for steam and Androids too, so for all 3 Plattforms to earn good moneys and my goal is a game like Nexomon but in own style, own gameplay etc but more action, more Story scenes than Nexomon and I thinking Main Story should have 40+ hours, Side Quests 25 hours and finally the post game 35+ hours this makes total 100+ hours and the character designs is similiar to Nexomon but with little own designs. For the first series I wanna make 150 New fakemons, Sure the legendary fakemons will be there too they are like tyrants and there should be King Of Monsters and he should have 7 childrens like Nexomon with differents elements. I wanna make it better than gamefreaks pokemon and wanna make the best game ever. And it will be a big great retro RPG Adventures

And the actually name of the game is: Dexomon (if someone have a better name it would be nice to tell me)

So what u guys thinks about my idea? It also would be great that someone working with me to create an awesome game and maybe better than Nexomon himself, and maybe wie should create a own Team to be a big indie developer somedays

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds like a very big project which requires a lot of knowledge, time and effort. I can understand the general idea, but if you really want to find some partners to team up with you need to put more thoughts into this. In general: To convice others to join your project you should explain which expertise and skillset you can offer and where you need assistance. It will help if you can show some successful projects you already completed to convince others that this project is worth their time and effort.

My recommendation: Start a bit smaller. If you want to stick to your general idea: Focus on creating a first demo where you can show your skills and the general concept of your game. Like, 2-3 well done maps, a small amount of mons, etc.

But anyway, good luck with your project.

KyouSan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey thank you for answering, yes I should make a little Demo for my project, but it the Name of Dexomon good? If not it would be nice if I get a good game name, maybe I also need someone to make for me design Logo for the name

No this is not parody post it is a idea of my upcoming project TheAm

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a parody post, right? This is like, almost word for word what a lot of the RM memes are about.
My thoughts exactly. A beginner aspiring to create the bestest "not pokemon" game the world has ever seen, with no less than the exactly same amount of original pokemon.

I'm not doubting the possibility here. But what are your qualifications? You also say you may want to create a team. Have you worked with RM before? Released any games? You speak of console releases, steam and mobile releases. Do you have any experience of porting your games over?

You speak of making good moneys. Do you have any experience in marketing? Can you produce your own art or have the funds necessary to commission people? Or are you just someone who wants other people to make the game because you're "the guy with the idea"?

Aside from that, your english doesn't seem fluid and your presentation is lacking.

The idea itself is not original by a long shot, can potentially get you in trouble if you copy too close to pokemon, and is overall pretty much just I want to make pokemon with X included.

To add insult to injury, I do hope you weren't planning on using this fakemon maker thing to design your not pokemons.

Sorry if this sounds too harsh or w/e, just my honest opinion.

Last edited:

KyouSan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Like I said Im not copying pokemon I just wanna make my own pokemon like, like Nexomon own ones. I dont want use the name of pokemon, I just use my own game title >>>> Dexomon, because Nexomon is inspiring me, I wanna make my own like Nexomon, Temtem etc and yeah the Team of nexomon let their games porting from ratalaika games and I think I will find someone like ratalaika games what Team nexomon did

And yeah I have experience in maker but in some things Im not good like own Logo Design, spriting, Animations and other things, but in techniqally of maker im a bit good (still not perfect im still learning) but I thinking to use RPG Maker Unity for make this happens

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like I said Im not copying pokemon I just wanna make my own pokemon like, like Nexomon own ones. I dont want use the name of pokemon, I just use my own game title >>>> Dexomon, because Nexomon is inspiring me, I wanna make my own like Nexomon, Temtem etc and yeah the Team of nexomon let their games porting from ratalaika games and I think I will find someone like ratalaika games what Team nexomon did

And yeah I have experience in maker but in some things Im not good like own Logo Design, spriting, Animations and other things, but in techniqally of maker im a bit good (still not perfect im still learning) but I thinking to use RPG Maker Unity for make this happens
It's still very much a pokemon clone. We already understood that you are trying to go for your own little spin-off. Changing a single letter of another game's title is probably not a good idea.

I highly recommend you producing something playable of your idea to show what you can do before trying to convince anyone to join a team. Good luck.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here's a piece of friendly advice: when pitching an idea, assume your audience has absolutely no idea what your game references mean. They have never heard of the games you're inspired by, they have never played them, they don't know anything but what you tell them. This will help you make much clearer statements about what you're trying to do.

HB_Games

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The first thing that comes to my mind is that this seems like a huge amount of work. Something that would take lots of years to be completed, even with a small team.

I would advice to hold your dreamgame and begin with a few simpler projects, something that you can complete in around 1 to 3 months. Maybe some shorter side stories in your monsters universe, this way you will have a finished game to show around, grow a fanbase, train your skillset, build endurance and get a rough estimative of the work required for bigger projects.

Anyway, hope I could help.
Good luck in your path.

PS. I also remembered the yanfly comic tutorials. I think that the first one is particularly good and might give you some interesting insights:

KyouSan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very thanks to everyone and yeah you all right, before I´m doing with a big game like nexomon, I should starting with a little project and yeah for first I must learn many skills to make this happens. and yeah I´m a half beginner what I mean is I already started with maker since 6 months, and I know how to use RM MZ (just little) but I´m thinking to try with RPG Maker Unity he should give me more than RM MZ because standard RPG Makers are limited and I think RPG Maker Unity can do more

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/
Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edujandro