A Graphic Event - How do i design this ?

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making a Survival game where i want to hide some of the map along the edges. So, I want to include a Black Fog Graphic around the edges of the Screen, How do I event this ? Lets say I already have a Picture of a Black Fog Border on 4 edges that covers the entire Screen.

How do i keep it pinned to the Screen so that it never goes away ? I know I could just insert the Picture using an event but is there a better way of doing it so it stays there for the whole duration of the game, Lets say like make it move with the Player's Position, Keeping the Player always at center ?

PS : I don't mean a "Fog of War" like effect, more like the Border of an Encyclopedia instead.

Last edited:

Kitty_Rika

Your friendly neighborhood neko
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but you could try the Khas Advanced Lighting plugin!
There's a really helpful tutorial page on his blog that runs through all of the plugin commands and features you can use with this plugin. I believe there's a player lantern effect, as well as a general ambience/fog of war effect that you could utilize to create that sort of feel.
In addition, you could also use the Terrax Lighting Plugin, too!
Here's a video showing off what Terrax Lighting does.
You could also combine the two if you want!
Hope this helps~!
<3

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the Link, That should work I guess. I'm going to try to customize that to do what i wanted.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
If you want to the picture stay with the screen(when the player moves, the picture moves too) so your best shot is really with the picture command. This is the best way.
And the picture will remain on the screen as long as you don't erase it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz