A great idea for easy Voice acting for your projects.

sonny12681

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I found an awesome text to speech software that has very realistic voices to use for voice acting in your RPG Making projects. This software is called replicate studios. Here is a link so you can explore it and let me know what you think about it. https://replicastudios.com/

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Some of them are really good, but the majority still have that robotic AI-generated quality that makes them unsuitable for game use. I'll be keeping a close eye on the development though, it's an interesting program.

sonny12681

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Some of them are really good, but the majority still have that robotic AI-generated quality that makes them unsuitable for game use. I'll be keeping a close eye on the development though, it's an interesting program.
Cool. There is a blog on that website where the company that made that program is looking for voice actors to hire for game designers. the ones that still sound robotic are for audio book reading. They are looking for new voice actors for gaming.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Heh, maybe I'll volunteer if they need a Scottish guy with a deep voice. XD

a3xgf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It looks interesting, but still too robotical and limited for now. I am not using it now, in a few years, it may be something else, it has potential. it may be enough for others though.

Most RPG Maker games aren't voiced though, I doubt voicing is expected from this kind of games, but adding some voice acting it is always a good addition. Some cutscenes or special attacks may be good moments to have some voicing.
Full game may be too crazy, but some moments may add the game a special touch. Still,contracting voice actors isn't cheap at all, so if you have no budget, you either learn to modulate your voice yourself to make several characters on your own or put no voice at all.
If AI voice software continues to improve, it may be a great help for small developers.

sonny12681

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It looks interesting, but still too robotical and limited for now. I am not using it now, in a few years, it may be something else, it has potential. it may be enough for others though.

Most RPG Maker games aren't voiced though, I doubt voicing is expected from this kind of games, but adding some voice acting it is always a good addition. Some cutscenes or special attacks may be good moments to have some voicing.
Full game may be too crazy, but some moments may add the game a special touch. Still,contracting voice actors isn't cheap at all, so if you have no budget, you either learn to modulate your voice yourself to make several characters on your own or put no voice at all.
If AI voice software continues to improve, it may be a great help for small developers.
There's a great deal where you pay $24 for 4 hours worth of dialog. They don't go by a monthly or yearly payment plan. They go by how many minutes or hours of dialog you want and when you run out, you can buy more. There are also a few good voice actors that are perfect for voice overs. The ones with the cartoon portraits are the ones with the most life like voices.

I forgot to mention that the free trial gives you free 30 minutes worth of dialog.

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is cool, and even sounds really promising, but personally I would prefer no voices over voices that clearly sound like text-to-speech.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Thank you.

a3xgf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's a great deal where you pay $24 for 4 hours worth of dialog. They don't go by a monthly or yearly payment plan. They go by how many minutes or hours of dialog you want and when you run out, you can buy more. There are also a few good voice actors that are perfect for voice overs. The ones with the cartoon portraits are the ones with the most life like voices.

I forgot to mention that the free trial gives you free 30 minutes worth of dialog.
If I don't like the result of voices, even if it is cheap, it is still too much. As I said, maybe when it is perfected more, but not now.

It is cool, and even sounds really promising, but personally I would prefer no voices over voices that clearly sound like text-to-speech.

Exactly as Zero_G says. I prefer no voices than voices that I don't like due to sounding text-to-speech, or just not fitting what I imagine for the characters.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
These are almost completely garbage companies.
I bought the full pro version for one site (don't remember what it was called and can't find a name that sounds familiar) and it said you could get 117 voices. That was entirely Bu*****t.
There was maybe 6 voices for the high quality sound. All the others were easily recognized as digital and most were bad speech. Think of a japanese person that has learned english for one year. That's how it sounded. Not a little bit of accent, but full "I have to really listen to understand what you're saying" speech. That site cost me $150 USD. I got a full refund 30 minutes after paying. I was that disappointed.
The fact that your promoting it so much tells me that you're someone who stands to benefit from people buying into that site. So, yeah no thanks.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I participated in the official video event collection!
Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zitoun68