A Large Predatory Cat

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by FinalHowl, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FinalHowl

FinalHowl Frozen Tyrant Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, this is my first thread thus far so I'm hoping I don't over step my bounds, or break any rules.

I was hoping to get a talented sprite artist or a very crafty person to make a large sprite of a cat type animal. Ideally this animal would be two (squares, tiles..?) long and one tall. (I'm not sure how many pixels that is, I'm terribly sorry!!) structurally this will look like a tiger, or even a large fox I guess. It's ears should be longer than a typical cat, pointed slightly backwards.

Coloration.... The body of the animal should consist of a light grey coat of fur, with either a lighter shade or white underbelly. It's tail should be fairly long and can either be slunk down when walking, or you could have it be up in the air. The tip of the tail and the tip of its ears must be a teal or turquoise color. If it's eye color matters it would be teal or turquoise as well.

If you're feeling generous and up for a challenge, I also need a small 'cub' version of this that will be named June. It will be a pet of a party member, and the breed of animal is called a Sevrentis if it matters. If you need to know anything else, or have any questions about it I'll be happy to respond. If something like this already exists and could be easily edited, I could give it a go myself.

I did try looking for similar creatures and sprites but didn't have any luck. If I over looked something I'm sorry for wasting anyone's time, and I'll do my best to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Edit: Sorry! I forgot to say this is for VX Ace!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  2. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Your request seems fine to me!

You may like Pineda's fox for the baby version of your sprite:

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/lofiversion/index.php/t9422.html

Mick (289K) has a cuter fox sprite of similar size, but I thought you wanted a more serious looking animal.

There is a fox of larger size but we are seeking credits - I think it is by Tana.

I'll get the image in a minute.\

[​IMG]

None of these are the colors you want, but maybe they can be a base for someone to make what you are interested in.

FWIW here is a fox down by Kikiink

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  3. FinalHowl

First Language:
    English
    Thank you Grandma Deb, you're as helpful as ever and the one presumably made by Tana looks quite nice, although it's tail and ears may need to be elongated.

Edit: I found Tana's terms of service (I think?) on her tumbler, as someone was confirming who she was, however I cannot confirm the fox is hers yet, but will continue working on it.

TOS:

"For any of my RMXP resources, they’re free for non-commercial use, and can be edited so long as you also share them under the same terms."

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  4. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    That's not Tana's though. She has a thinner and smaller fox sprite.

I've got the fox sprite posted by GrandmaDeb saved as well, but no idea who made it. It's a recolour of the RMXP wolf to fox though.

5. FinalHowl

First Language:
    English
    I see, well thank you for informing me. I'll keep searching and hopefully someone may offer assistance~

If for some reason I wanted to attempt to do it myself (I have decent experience with pixel art back when I made my own fire emblem animations etc...) which program would be recommended, and are their any ideal tutorials a senior member might suggest?

6. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    slimmmeiske2 likes this.
  7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The most commonly used programs around here are Photoshop, Gimp and Paint.net. Personally, I like Gimp a lot. It is free for starters and can meet your basic RMing needs. I am have created fully custom sprites with it and in fact, because I got used to it, I'm finding it quite an adjustment to learn Photoshop now.

As for tutotials, do you mean tutorials for creating sprites/RM graphics? If so, I *think* qtpi has one but I'm not certain. Surely a search of the tutorials section would help you locate what you need. If you mean something different, let me know.

8. FinalHowl

First Language:
    English
    Ah, thank you very much~

Tutorial wise, I believe you referenced what I'm looking for (tutorials involving the creation of sprites, and implementing them into my game). Also, thanks for recommending gimp. I haven't used it in quite some time, but it's nice to get back into it. That being said, due to your wonderful assistance, id be happy to sprite something for you at some point if you like~

9. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  10. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

11. FinalHowl

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Current progress... Only finished one frame, and it took a bit of time as I had to reacclimate to Gimp. Any tips to make it look better, or anything?

12. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Post it in the WIP thread! You'll get a lot more attention and advice there than you will here. In fact, it looks like you've got a pretty good handle on this, I'm going to close the thread since you aren't really requesting anything anymore.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

FinalHowl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.