Lilian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would like to ask a question probably its harder than i think it is.

I am Using Luna egnine and some more scripts now for my personal use.

And i would like to know if it is some how possible to change The "HP" Vocab display and the "MP" Vocab display depending on what class an actor has in every menu. 

Since i would like to have Chi with my Fighter, will my Mage still has Mana (MP).

Both is the same force so i only need to Change the Vocable text depending on class if some one would know who to change the MP Bar color depending on class that would help too.

I think it could be done with Lunatic Config but i just dont understand who to use it since i tryed using the Lunatic config but every time i only got errors ^^.

Yours Liliane

Unbenannt.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyriaki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No idea if it is any different/you have to do anything extra with Luna Engine, but you can change basic labels like that in VXA under the Terms tab at the end in your Database. ^^

Lilian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Only works if i dont use luna. With luna, i think luna overwrites it.... Already tryt it at begining and end of script. Only works in menus that dont use Luna ^^ .... Still thanks but a solution that can be used with luna menus  would be nice.

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
(line 90)        # Main settings
(line 91)        :main       =>  {
(line 92)        :enable   =>  true,
(line 93)        :offset_x =>  200,
(line 94)        :offset_y =>  -30,
(line 95)        :offset_z =>  0,
(line 96)        :filename =>  "Actors",
(line 97)        :collapse =>  true,
(line 98)        :collapse_type => 1,   # 0 - Like Battler; 1 - Grey out.
(line 99)        :highlight  =>  true, # Highlight when selected.
(line 100)        :base_actor =>  true, # Main file for each actor will be
(line 101)                              # filename + "_ActorID"
(line 102)                              # Example: MainHUD_1
(line 103)        :base_class =>  true,# Can be used with base_actor, main file
(line 104)                              # will be filename_"ClassID"
(line 105)                              # Example: MainHUD_1_1
(line 106)      }, # End main.

(line 96)        :filename =>  "Actor",  #^= File name for "Actor" will be searched in system folder of your game, where "Actor" ( You need to call it the name of the pictures in your folder) is a picture. You can add HP/MP/CHI/ - whatever to the picture to display and let them appear having base_actor and base_class = true.

(line 100)      :base_actor =>  true,   #^= Actor_1, Actor_2, Actor_3, Actor_4 etc. equals (First slot actor, Second slot actor, Third slot actor, Fourth slot actor)

(line 103)        :base_class =>  true,   #^= Actor_1 + class, Actor_2 + class, Actor_3 + class = Show a picture in your system folder called "Actor_1_1" (Actor slot 1, class 1), "Actor_1_2" (Actor slot 1, class 2), "Actor_3_5" (Actor slot 3, class 5). THESE ARE ALL EXAMPLES. You can give every actor and their class a different picture in .png file in your system folder and call them per the above settings.

The point here is that you can make a picture for that specific actor or class or both at the same time to show a different kind of resources. Like Actor_1_2 got MP showing on the picture you made and Actor 3_3 got CHI showing on the picture. You need to do the coordinating by yourself to have the graphics fit the X/Y position. It might takes you some testing. You can do very pretty things this way, just try it out, it will work for sure.

Hope I helped...somehow.

I wish you success!

Lilian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well not exactly what i was looking for but its a workaround. And it works like a charm ^^.

So i can only say thanks for the help ^^. 

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You're welcome. What else are you looking for when it practically can solve your request?

Lilian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have now 2 Project at the running both are the same only one uses luna engine an one deosn't. Since i like who nice i can make my menus with luna engine. 

the thing is i found Alternate MP X (Rescource System) v1.05 on the link provided by 

Dreadshadow  

but it only works without luna since luna uses a different way to draw and writte gaugs and actor vocabels. 

... i think i lied a bit my secon project uses luna too but a part of teh luna menu is overwirtten since i am using Blackmorning -> Animated Column Menu Status in it only need to finde out who to change the Status window it draws in to the one of luna and i would merge both projects. ^^ . Both projects have 112 + scripts and i didnt finde compatibility problems. Only like now that some thing got over written.

so now i can uses skills that need more than 1 recourse of an actor for skills. working quit nice only with luna alown it downs show the bars ^^.

R is Rage since Warrior have some skills taht use Rage ( the bar fills once you get dmg) and F is Focus since some thief skills need a Focust mind fills like tp overtime in battel for now ^^.

so atm i am trying to find a way now to use the menus layout of luna and uses drawing from other scripts since i like the combination atm ^^.

my project taht uses only luna just uses mana and himes conditions so skills cant be uses if actor is Chi or mana user since my hero can change his class in the main menu. 

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt2.png

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
How About displaying everything in pictures of the actors/classes (which I explained in the recent post how to do it) that is not related to drawing a value, but only the value itself will be drawn.

As I see you got the values to be drawn flawlessy. I mean you can display everything that actor/class needs except for gauges or numbers that reads the value and displays it graphically.

You have a nice menu there and you can try changing script orders in your project to adjust the "overwritten" parts. How about starting a test project and trying out script orders as it won't harm your real project by any possible mistakes happening by misfortune or misclicks.

Or if you say there is a function you don't need in this gauge script you can edit some parts of it (for example disabling) that is possibly overwriting the luna functions that you need, it takes some testing of course.

I don't think that you need himes conditional skill script for that kind of purpose, you could make skills only be available in the classe's equipped weapons or ability field where it has been placed.

If nothing of this helped there should also be a way in luna engine that let's you choose the drawn numbers by having a number sheet from 0 to 9 (1 .png picture only) that will display in place for the drawn numbers.

Please give me a feedback if anything of this helped and if your request has been cleared.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:
Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ocarina654