Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone! Jac here again!

I am trying to make a "simple" return to Title during a movie. Something like this.

Ruby:
Graphics.play_movie('Movies/My Movie') unless input.trigger?(:C)
But it seem like I'm missing something or lack certain knowledge. I don't know why but I feel like this can work. I just want to know if someone can explain it a little to me and what I might be missing.

Also, instead of putting it in the Material Section, I put it in the Window_TitleCommand above the codes so I don't screw anything up. It work with playing the movie itself but I can't figure out that return to Title stuff.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
perhaps
Ruby:
while !input.trigger?(:C)
  Graphics.play_movie('Movies/My Movie')
end

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey there! Nice to see you again! Unfortunately it told me this:

undefined local variable or method `input' for main:object

So I don't know. I even tried to switch it up by putting the "While" line underneath the Graphic Movie line to see if it works. From what I THINK I understand is that the Input isn't recognize yet. I think I understand Variable but what does Method mean?

Thanks, Roninator2!

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unfortunately it told me this:

undefined local variable or method `input' for main:object
Well I have no idea where you are putting this. So unless it's in a proper location (not sure yet, haven't though about it) then it will always give you an error.

Methods
def this_is_my_method
block code
end

Looks like you're trying to learn ruby language so look up some tutorials. there are a few and some that specifically refer to RPG Maker coding.
or maybe take a ruby programming course. I'm doing one now on udemy for ruby 2.3 (similar to rpg maker). RGSS3 is basically ruby 1.9.2 from what I remember being told a few years ago.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So unless it's in a proper location
I put it under Window in the Window_TitleCommand but typed the codes at the top instead of the bottom. It was how I was able to play the movie.

Looks like you're trying to learn ruby language so look up some tutorials.
I've actually been doing that! From Youtube to whatever I could get my eyes on. Lol. But they don't always explain what is what. Just says it is how it's suppose to be. I will check out the Ruby Programming Course!

RGSS3 is basically ruby 1.9.2
That is VERY useful to know! I tried looking up what I could find about the Version it has for VX Ace but couldn't find anything so I thought it was one and the same. Thank you for telling me!

Thank you, Roninator2 for taking the time for me again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tauron7