Cheyanne

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Ive been trying to make a horror theme game for a while now, but I seem to be having some issues with map transferals and lighting. On the outside (before entering the school) I am trying to create a dark scary theme. I've used the tint screen method and I have tried the picture overlay to achieve the look I get, however when the character enters the school said tint/image follows to the second area!

I have looked EVERYWHERE trying to find the correct solution to this issue, and I am at my wits end trying to figure this out! If anyone can help me with this issue I will be forever in debt!!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Product Discussion and Support is principally for queries arising from Resource Packs and dlc in general published by Degica.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, screen tints, pictures, and weather is constant - once you start them, they stay until you remove them.

So you need to do another Change Screen Tint command to set it back to normal, and an Erase Picture command to remove the picture. You can either do this on the transfer event on the previous map (put it after the transfer event), or if that's not quite right, create a new event on the indoor map with the commands, set it to parallel process, and issue an Erase Event command afterwards.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

-Updated- Lowered fog / found more problems :kaoswt2:
6 more weeks of this nutty semester. Then maybe I'll have time to game make. After I curl up and sleep for a day or two that is.
Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
718346584zy