Masterbrge

Summoner
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace

Welcome to my post and explanation of something that I'm trying to achieve. A little shard is a project that I had been trying to do since years ago, with only the story as a basis. I had tried to learn some languages (such as java) to create this project a reality, but my own capacity is null or maybe my effort was not the necessary to make this project a reality. So using my capacity (and google) I found it, that my project was maybe not so away to a reality by using the developing engine of rpgmaker... but still, I found myself lost in a variety of different things that my and my brain can not reach, the big world of scripts, tilesets, characters, and more, was beyond myself, making me ask what to do, how should I progress if after more than 30 tutorials (I looked in my historial for this) I still couldn't understand most of the basics. So I'm here, offering my story, looking if maybe someone would want to help me, create this story and become more than a rotten dream in paper and ink.

Synopsis:
A little shard, is a game based on a new world born in the existence of nothing:

"The world was nothing more than frenetic spirits who had no form, or meaning. The spirits created and destroyed traces in the existence, who had no meaning because nothing had existed more than themselves. The death, and life was something than had never born, since the first mortal was created. The world was not more than a ball of chaos, when still the chaos was not still defined, but everything changed when Azameloth appeared".

I have a little fragment here of this, who is going to be in the official lore:

"In the beginning there was nothing but magic and disorder. Golden stelae denoted holy magic, which played running behind the skirts of black magic. Earth magic created hundreds of shapeless mountains that lost all meaning because mountains did not yet exist. The water magic created crystal blue streams of nothing, for not even the drops of the sea had been put. And hundreds and thousands of more magics grew and stood, dancing and creating ghostly forms of something that did not yet exist, waiting… and waiting.

And so much time passed, longer than the banks that fall from Lake Ishmalu, longer than the life of the giants who live in the hills, longer than life itself. And one day, when the magic kept dancing, she appeared. Something beyond magic, beyond the veil of all that exists ... the goddess Azameloth, the flame of life.

The goddess, seeing our world, grasped the magic, as if it were riverside water, brought it together and gave the breath of life over it.

It is said that the first days the forms were spotless, without any stain, revealing eternal rivers that looked like paths of emeralds, sapphire or even white as golden lily wine. But as the magic came to life, these forms tainted themselves, joining each other, shaping the world itself, creating the long forests of crystal, spilling long infinite seas and sweeping away all traces of nonexistence.

And among the outbreaks of chance, the same races were born. Born of the mixed, a set of deformed and new magic, carrying in their lineages the stains of something that the universe had never witnessed: Beings of flesh and blood.

Although of course, among these same creations there are exceptions, just like us Crystais. It is said that the crystals in our chests were made with the forging of fire and the pressure of the earth, penetrating the mortal flesh and blessing us with the gift of eternity, and thus also with the duty to exist, until the goddess Azameloth breathe in the breath of life, restarting the cycle of existence."

You, as one of the Crystaly, had reborn one more time. Your flesh had been recreated by the magi and spirits who coexist in the world. As always, you need to adapt yourself to a new body, what will be now? And Aliat? and Gnorf? maybe that little things who fly and eat t he corpses of the deceased?...

No, for the first time you had been recreated on a new body, a new race, who is not even on the most large and dusty books in the library of Igatar.

Your race have no goal or place in the existence, more than be keeper of knowledge, and repelent for those races who still have the mentality of beasts.

WIth this new race, you will finally have something new to do after many incarnations. The excitement to understand a new race, and maybe even something more of yourself, and the mystery beyond the Crystalis.

Gameplay:

I want to make the gameplay based on a particular feature: Transformation and domination.
As a base, the user will be put in the shoes of a Crystaly, giving them the option of choose a name, and if possible by the motor, a class who can be developed in different branchs.

The feature of transformation would be a characterisitc only for the protagonist. Using the spirits who are around him, he will have the capacity to create weapons or transform his own body on different types of things, from inanimate objects, to beast and mimic other races at some point.

The domination feature, will be based on the collection of spirits, who if collected will give the ability to the main character to summon them, not only in battle but also as advantage on some points to advance, even to "cheat" on some activities. This spirtis will have different ways to capture them, ones by battles, other by missions, and even some by mystake.

You will also have the possiblity to have companions who will travel with you, depending on a karma status. Making the game a little longer if you want to go for different characters.

The karma status is still on my mind, and I dont know if make it important or not for the final of the story, but probably will have some major and minor repercusions, such as being notable evaded by some type of spirtis, or even become hostil to some races.

Positions/Roles needed:

Artists:
I'm not looking for an expert with the skills of da vinci, but for someone who have the time and dedication to be interested in the project. If theres more than one artist interested in the project, thats even better, because the races on the game will be particulary different one from other, and maybe some artist is more interested in a beastial type of monster, and other in lovecraftian things (Who Im intentend to have)

Musician: The most important part of a game, even more than art if I should say. The music is something that can make a game not only a great experience, but also something that everything will always remember. From the first note, to the last drop of song in battle, the music is something necessary for a game. The game will be oriented in a fantasy/magic world, so thats the type of music that I will look to have in the game, but everything is accepted, everyone is welcomed, because the music can be something who adapts itself to the world.

Script creator: This is one of my biggest wall in the game. I'm completely lost in scripts, I had looked tutorials on video, images and text, but my mind is like a complete piece of meat on this topic. I'm looking for anyone who can help on this topic. I know that the world of scripts is a big ocean where even the most veterans stills looks for the edge of the world, but I have the hope that one of this guys could help here.

Map Creator: What the difference behind the artist and the map creator? THE PRESENTATION.
Leaving the Megamind references behind. I know that a map creator is something important for a game. The maps are what makes the world looks vivid and with life. If a map dont have the enough elements, or have many, the game can look empty or filled for nothing. Games where the maps are just an empty bunch of fights and grind are pretty normal in rpgs, and I dont want my game to be just a grind, kill, grind and end. So I want someone that could help to maybe give some advices on this topic, if not, I will be glad to fulfill this role and make it a experience.

Voice Actor: The game will have some companions as I said before. Im thinking on make every companion to have at least some lines of voice, or if its possible to have interaction with voice and similar for some decisiones and more. This role is open to everyone who can talk, even your doge, if his micro can talk without static.
You have some accent and want to participate? That great, some companions will have accent.
You lack in confidence to talk? No problem my friend, you can build your trust and practice here.
You have a sharp or severe voice? Thats excellent, nothing better for a fantasy world.
Just come here, and talk with me, even if you dont apply for one of the companions, you can be the voice for one npc and make the world feel more special with your lovely voice.

My Role:
You are probably thinking: "Wow, this man/women or thing asked for a lot of things, what is he going to do? breath?"
Yes, well technically, all we do it, but as an extra I will: Make the story, dialogues, supervise the maps and art, help in any of the roles if I'm capable, share about the project on any way possible (so adversting or marketing as you wanna name it), pay for ads if possible in some platforms, so the game becomes more popular. And If the game becomes popular as I said, I will look to buy licenses to comercialize and similar the game, obviously if this become possible I will pay to the persons who work in this project, because maybe now the game is nothing more than scratch and words, but who will now if this game becomes a popular indie in the next months (or years).

Thanks to anyone reading about this, even if my project get lost in this world, or becomes just another post flowing in the river on this forum, I will be glad that maybe someone had looked to one of my little dreams.

Jayland

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Englisj
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you still need someone to help with writing the story or map development, let me know.

Theatricalis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you’re still interested in voice actors, I’m available and would be happy to help out!

Masterbrge

Summoner
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I had send you, messages to you all on the conversation option in this website. Also, if anybody look, this message, I really need somebody who have knowledge over scripts, even if only wants to help as a tutor or to give hints. Theres some things that I want to add, but that are limited to my capacity over the engine.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.
Decided to work on my game a little bit, made this Motel looking building. I am still on temporary hiatus though as getting Therapy is more difficult than I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drackro023