RMVXA A Lost Dreamer - Les rêves oubliés

no0ony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses

(It is a French project but will be translated into English.)
A Lost Dreamer was my first project. A project that was close to my heart because of its history invented entirely by me and also because it is my first pride in the world of making. Having gained experience in this field, I realized that it had many beginner errors: poor mapping, poor organization, too ambitious, bad choice of software, I decided to give it a second youth, to resume at zero (or almost) and bring you a better gaming experience. I had to compromise, like the removal of the choice of class as well as the skins of Starting character, repeating all the dialogues, the course of the game and even the combat system. The new version of ALD will be a revival, maybe you will regret the old version, it is a price to pay but I think I can know what is more just for me to do.

You play Soren, an ambitious young man with frank and insolent character. He wishes to pass his mercenary examination to the Limoise army. On his way, he will cross the new Valhsin of Limsa, Payne, who is ready to begin his pilgrimage in a sanctuary not far from the village of the hero. Their fate will intersect by the greatest chance and push them to unite to accomplish their original purpose.

Even before the existence of the gods, the universe was nothing but nothing.
Only a wandering energy wandered in the void, the Valh. An impartial and totally neutral "judge".
Then, from the colossal cluster of this flow, the first divinities were born: Neo and Yue.
Together, these divine beings traversed the immensity of nothingness, in search of their fellow men.
Unfortunately, they were alone.
In spite of this disagreeable news, these two gods fell in love with each other.
From this true love there arose a sphere composed of dead matter.
Saddened by this inanimate earth, they decided to infuse life into it.
Neo brought fertility and life.
This merger was named "Denis."
Human beings were created there.

Payne Lore is a 25-year-old woman. She is a native of Braneska, the capital of Ommali, and is none other than the daughter of the Denarque. Posed and intelligent, she succeeded brilliantly in her studies in the most prestigious schools of the capital, evidently backed by her father.
But this school career was not to become the most talented bureaucrat of Ommali but to prepare for his future pilgrimage destined for him.
Indeed, Payne was chosen by his father to take over the heavy task of a Valhsin. That which his paternal endorsed for many years.
Thanks to this religious journey, she will be able to continue Valhécité in Limsa and appease the wanderers of this world.

Bahn Lore , commonly known by its religious title, "Denarque", is an elderly man governing the capital of Ommali: Braneska. This city was built in his image to thank him for his courage and his acts of bravery. It was the first Valhsin of the second era. For having brought Valhécité into Limsa and while having made it last, it is very adulated by the Limsois people.
He is also protected by 5 bodyguards, named "Denisin" who obeys him to the fingers and the eye.
He is a man of character and right. He carries a very strong devotion to the Gods and even creates his religion around them: The Neo'Deni.
They worship Neo and Yue, creators of life on Limsa.

Soren Knothole , is a 23-year-old young man of insolent and uncommitted nature, living in a small hamlet north of Ommali: Palumnia. It is often pointed out by the inhabitants and is not the most appreciated person of the village. He still lives with his mother: Myriam.
Dreaming of traveling through the oceans of Limsa, and especially the torn ocean, his desire for adventure is fueled by a darker reason. In its violent waters it hides the disappearance of his father. So, while sailing in these places, he might perhaps then learn more about tragic event. But before venturing on the seas, he must pass before all his mercenary contest in the army of Limsa: The Asmil order. If he passes the exam, his pass to navigate the waters will be validated and his objective of departure can then be realized.

All the pieces are still under construction. It still lacks some finishes.

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

> Team :
Writing - No0ony
Mapping - No0ony
Event Making - No0ony
Scripting - Arrtroy
Designer(artworks) - Lou Blanchard / Sonia
Character designers - Mandew / Victor000
Composer - Matthieu Tessier
Graphic Designer - No0ony / Hyblitz

> Authors of external resources (Graphics):
Enterbrain
Celianna
Khaus
Hanzo Kimura (BenBen)
Thérapie
Xavioo
SD-Arius
Alisa- Tana
Lunarea
Mack and blue

> Authors of external resources (Scripts):
Enterbrain
Zeus81
Raizen
Zibroph
Vincent26
Tonyryu
MogHunter
Mist
Khas Arcthunder
Seer UK & OriginalWij
Woratana
Yami Engine
Hime
Yanfly Engine
Biward
RPG Maker Source
Wanabe
FenixFyrex

Last edited:

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like your art and graphics! Sadly I don't speak French, but once it gets translated I hope to play it!

no0ony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much ! I will try to post you some new screens or video for gameplay or IG ambiance. Yes it will be translated in English but not perfectly but it will suffice I think to take pleasure to play there. The demo is not ready yet because there is still much to do but I will keep you posted. ;)

no0ony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
A news in picture and a small video showing you a big part of 2 dungeons of the game (out of 5 for the first demo):
The lighthouse of Kheist and The wood of dreams.
Do not rely on the combat phase, it is far from finished! ^ _ ^

Papillon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks very good! I can't wait to try it once it's translated!
You may want to look at Soren's design though. He looks far too similar to Vaan from Final Fantasy 12.

no0ony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much !
The demo that will be first and foremost in French, then everything is available, for those who are really prone to a game. ^^
Indeed, Vaan was an inspiration for Soren's conception. I do not hide it ^ _ ^

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
One thing of feedback I have to give is that I lately see people going ballistic on the effects you can create on maps. Be aware that there are a lot of people that will get a headache or get tired fast because the brain needs to process everything that is going on, on the map.

On a personal note, your map looks very nice but I don't think the sprite works on the map anymore if you make the map that flashy. It's beginning to feel a bit off to me the longer I watch. I don't know your future plans for the combat system but I think I would give you the same comment if you're going to make it look the same like your current sprite.

I also see a lot of games not being finished because they spent way to much time on one thing. Now I do not want to discourage you but rather be realistic and not having a co-developer give up because they spent way to much time on a small part of the game thus a few maps.

I wish you the best and I hope you really see this as feedback to help you out.

no0ony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
To answer simply, I create my game in my image, my feelings, about what I love.
Certainly some people will be confused by the graphics but as for others who will be enchanted. It is a risk to pay when you want to stand out.
The effects are not only to make pretty, they have a logic with the environment that surrounds it. It is reflective and purely assumed.
For the fact that this kind of "big" project is often abandoned, I think that if you knew my course, you would not say that any more.
I am 20 years old and I resonate in a very different way from "normal" people.
I make by pure pleasure, I do it to relax.
Currently the game has more than 200 Maps in total and gods knows they are not small. That kind of thing does not frighten me, I know where I'm going and I'll go all the way but I'll take the time it takes without imposing a deadline on me.
Today's makers give up because they all scatter in different ideas and do not necessarily realize the work to provide. For a long time, I know where I am going.
Besides, I strongly advise you not to tell other members of this in the future. Why ? For it is that one simply calls for gratuitous wickedness, instead of wanting to give up, why not inversely boost the creator by discouragements? So much simpler to be negative than to be positive and yet the effects of this last are much more pleasant.
I take it quite a lot and I thank you for giving your point of view, it is quite respectable.

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Waaah! Those maps are so pretty! :kaojoy:
I like the maps a lot, really pretty and interesting!
In the video that battle system was pretty cute too! :kaoluv:
I like the side view sprites as well, nice and how should I put it... They were very smooth I guess! This is a compliment!
You're game is very pretty, so keep up the good work! Of course, when I say this it makes me sound like some mean boss, sorry! :kaoswt2:
I like your game, seems very interesting! You did good job! :kaohi:

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks soo pretty! Great job there guys! Waiting for the english translation :)

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
My opinion is rather that people need to be realistic if they want real and serious feedback rather then comments only stating they like something. I see this as developers feedback/forum and not facebook. Well, that is my opinion at least, I guess we differ on the view a lot so let's leave it at that.:wink:

Again your maps look great and I really have the feeling you are a committed developer as I read your reply and yes my statement is clearly not meant for you if what you saying is true. I am intrigued to know what you will come up within a few months, your maps look very nice for me!

no0ony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Waaah! Those maps are so pretty! :kaojoy:
I like the maps a lot, really pretty and interesting!
In the video that battle system was pretty cute too! :kaoluv:
I like the side view sprites as well, nice and how should I put it... They were very smooth I guess! This is a compliment!
You're game is very pretty, so keep up the good work! Of course, when I say this it makes me sound like some mean boss, sorry! :kaoswt2:
I like your game, seems very interesting! You did good job! :kaohi:
Thank you very much, it really pleases me that my project also pleases in the anglophone community.

This looks soo pretty! Great job there guys! Waiting for the english translation :)
Thanks dude ;)

My opinion is rather that people need to be realistic if they want real and serious feedback rather then comments only stating they like something. I see this as developers feedback/forum and not facebook. Well, that is my opinion at least, I guess we differ on the view a lot so let's leave it at that.:wink:

Again your maps look great and I really have the feeling you are a committed developer as I read your reply and yes my statement is clearly not meant for you if what you saying is true. I am intrigued to know what you will come up within a few months, your maps look very nice for me!
I fully understand your point of view, especially since no one knows me here.
I was also a forum at the time, and I was saying the same warning message for the new makers.
That's why I explained to you why with me this can not function ^^
Thank you.
The game is progressing rather well, Here is already the outer island! (The dungeons comprise on average a 15th of map, not visible on this screen:

The city of Kheist, a port city, the most important of the island:

no0ony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses

What then is this place?
The only thing I can tell you is that it does not make you feel good inside.
A place among so many others to discover!

Part of the Gistho Plain:

??? :

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes, it's so hard to resist
"this boss is too easy, what if I add more gimmicks". Then I remember most of my players might be already dying fighting the boss.
You certainly should show love and recognition to teammates who have achieved great success! Congrats Eli!
Just 2 Days of no Internet and I made more Progress in my Game than last 2 Weeks combined. Now I know, Internet makes me a Lazy person.. :D
I'm back to the bugs.
100 bugs in my coding,
take one down,
fix it up,
132 bugs in my coding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joggelen