A lot of Sumrndmdde's plugins don't work with web deployment.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You'd have to ask SRD that, as it is due to how they coded them.

Moved to Plug-in Support

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
from what I understand he used several shortcuts directly into nw.js and internal windows functions, and those shortcuts don't work on mobile and web.
most likely the shortcuts made programming easier for him, but they resulted in the known compatibility problems of his plugins.

never forget: most free plugins get programmed because their programmers need them for their own projects, and as a result they are not always compatible with game projects from other people.
and SRD appearently never cared for compatibility outside Windows.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The supertoolsengine specifically saves its changes to windows (size, position, # of columns, etc) in a windows.json file that it saves inside the data folder of your project.

On a windows deployment, it uses a filesystem request to find and read this file, if it exists. When you use web deployment, you can't access local files using the fs request, for security reasons. Mobile deployment (at least for android) is just a wrapper built around the web deployment, so it suffers the same problem.

This could be corrected if the changes to the windows were saved into a file that can normally be read by the engine, such as a plugin parameter, but the main reason they're saved in this way in the first place is so that the configuration window can access and modify these settings during playtest. You can't easily modify plugin parameters during a playtest, so he worked around this with the json file.

I'd suspect most of his plugins that have an editor window popup like supertoolsengine does have the same issue with mobile deployment. There isn't much you can do aside from ask him to make some sort of plugin command that 'bakes' the settings into a plugin parameter or something.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:
I guess I have no idea how to properly upload a custom font lmao. The menu fonts are too damn small.

Font_Size.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bohnez