SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings. I've just read a thread about a game envolving the knights of the round, and I had an idea. Would you play a game like Megaman, where you can choose 8 bosses to fight, in any order, and after that you proceed to the last stage to face the final boss? Here is my idea...

You are an elite knight in the kingdom, alongside 8 other knights. You are known as "the amazing nine", and each one of you have a special talisman who gives amazing power to its holder. Each talisman gives a different ability, and all knights use these talisman's power to keep the kingdom is at peace. In this magic kingdom, there are 8 artifacts who keep nature in balance, and all these artifacts are in special places. Unfortunately, an evil wizard whishes to use the power of these artifacts for own gain, even if all the kingdom may be destroyed. This wizard then plots against the amazing nine, and chants a powerful spell to take control of their mind. All knights but one fell for the wizard's spell, and now the eight knights are nothing but puppets in the clutches of the powerful wizard.

The villain then give orders for the knights to grab the magical artifacts. Each one of the eight knights head for one artifact, and its up to you to stop all his old comrades.

The player then can choose any boss. Each boss is in a dungeon full of monsters and traps, and when a puppet knight is defeated, they will snap out of the wizard's spell and give their special talisman to the protagonist, making him stronger and with new abilities, JUST LIKE MEGAMAN. :D

Once all eight knights are defeated and the magical artifacts are safe, its time to face the evil wizard and that's the last dungeon.

I think its better to keep this game with only one character, and maybe he can keep monsters in his party or something, but he is the only human.

The special talisman can give powers like push big boulders, jump large distances, destroy some obstacles... That's why the player will have to play the same stage more than once, in order to get all treasures and special equipment... Again... JUST LIKE MEGAMAN. Haha.

So, would you play a game like this??

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SolonWise Sure I would. I have. MegaMan is a classic. Changing it up with medieval flavor you'd almost get a Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Wizards and Warriors, or Castlevania meets MegaMan! :LZSexcite: No losing end on that one in my book.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I might if the story angle of it would be done well enough. Im Just a sucker for a good story haha

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD
The more I read Calvin and Hobbes as an adult, the more I deeply respect Bill Watterson. Plenty of stuff flew over my head, but now that I'm old enough to appreciate the viewpoints he shared with the fun and imagination? I am grateful that C&H was basically my early childhood.
After years of relying on others and the community to help with making my games, I've decided to delve into the world of scripting. Thought I'd share a few simple scripts that I made that I'm very proud of and excited about!

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShiJun