Swafer

Gremlin | Uses VXA and MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
As of right now, I'm writing the first draft of the story, but I want feedback on the concept.

(this is a concept story I set up so it may change later in the future)
"Cynical teen Gwen was unsatisfied with her mundane life, wishes to go into a fantasy world of her dreams. One day she feels into a well that leads to, to her surprise and joy, a fantasy world. With training and help, she becomes a witch of her dreams. However, it comes a price as it makes her a target of attacks from the fantasy world. Meanwhile, the town she lives in is conservative and old school. So she has to juggle keeping her witch life secret while keeping the attackers down. Somethings aren't as all we dreamed"

Setting: The story takes placed in a town in the upper north of Ontario, Canada.
The time is either mid-to-late 1990s to early-to-mid 2000s.
Characters:
Name: Gwendolyna (Gwen) Campbell
Race: Human
Class: Witch
Bio:
  • Lives with her aunt, whom is away on business trips very often
  • Works at a bakery
  • Very cynical and closed off
  • Likes fantasy books.

Name: August
Race:???(haven't got a name yet)
Class: Fighter
Bio:
  • Lives outside the town of the other-world
  • Trained in fighting for years
  • Likes to do parkour
  • Can be hot-headed
  • Witch type Subclass (IE, Elemental Witch, Support/Healing Witch, Offensive Witch, Defensive Witch) You can do as many subclass as your want. No limit on what subclass you chose.
  • During battle, you can steal skills from enemies, once you stole a skill, it stays with you
  • a monster encyclopedia
  • a crafting system
  • puzzles
  • and a episodic story

Final notes: Note sure if I should include this or not. I'm looking over someone who will look over first draft of the story and see if it has any plot holes, parts that are under developed/over developed and if the story as a whole is decent. Let me know if you interested in looking over the game plot.

Last edited:

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
:kaojoy: It's interesting and reminds me a bit of InuYasha with the whole falling into a fantasy world thing. I'd play a game with this premise and setting. Also Gwen is the perfect witchy name.

Swafer

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
:kaojoy: It's interesting and reminds me a bit of InuYasha with the whole falling into a fantasy world thing. I'd play a game with this premise and setting. Also Gwen is the perfect witchy name.
Didn't knew Gwen was a witchy like name. That was pure coincidence XD

Swafer

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
bump? (i don't remember the limit on when to bump so if i did it wrong, my apologies)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Swafer A bump's okay after 72 hours, so you're in the clear ;)

I agree with Gwen being a perfect witch name. I'm not 100% sure at what the point the game starts; I mean is she already a witch and the game is about her facing her old world with new enemies or will we meet her right before she falls down the well? Personally I'd be more interested if it's the latter.

Swafer

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
agree with Gwen being a perfect witch name. I'm not 100% sure at what the point the game starts; I mean is she already a witch and the game is about her facing her old world with new enemies or will we meet her right before she falls down the well? Personally I'd be more interested if it's the latter.
The latter is where the game starts. I'm just not sure how magic would be received as I don't want to go into the 'chosen one' cliche. I'm thinking either via item Gwen wears or via substance Gwen consumed (like venomous plant scrap her or she drinks a certain liquid. etc)

Swafer

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
bump
(You can also message me for a link to the google docs to review it.)

AmazingKazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd have to agree with Pixe, it definitely sounds like InuYasha. Which you'd want to be careful of or else more people may try to compare it as a sort of fan game. Not that they will but more so they could. Because InuYasha was freaking great!

I like the idea of giving them multiple areas of magic and different subclasses of Witch. The overall concept is a bit basic. First reading it, fine. It doesn't pop out to me at first glance. Am I interested in what more the game is going to offer? Yes. But that is because I like seeing people's ideas. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?
Had to edit the water tiles of Jason Perry's (final boss blues) beach tile set. I'm an animator now. :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exilion616