A More "Complete" Beard's Trim

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Sythian Bard, Oct 31, 2015.

1. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    The color file for SV_Beard_p26_c.png is off. This makes it so that the beard cant be colored. 

Thanks though for the collection.

2. Sythian Bard

Sythian Bard Self Proclaimed Beard Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, kind Sir/Ma'am, for pointing that out. I have fixed it. The current available download will fix this for you. As well as a mix up I found, thanks to you. Icons 26 and 27 were mixed up...so I switched them. Thank you for downloading.  :D

3. Jasquil

Jasquil Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Links seems to be broken. :(

4. Gauze

Gauze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I already Extract all the files to my RPGMV generator to each respective image, but when i go create a character it's like if i chose none, what should i do now?

It happened the same with the other packs.

5. Sythian Bard

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :(  I'm so sorry your having trouble. They are all working just fine for me.   :unsure:   Hmmm...did you try the DROPBOX link at the top of the post?

Hi, Thanks for downloading. Sorry you are having trouble as well. I'm not really sure what issue you are describing. Did you renumber the files to be next in line in your Generator folder? If not, I have posted a helpful explanation here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  6. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Sythian Bard! Thank you so much for the generator parts, lovely work :)

I just wanted to bring something to your attention - and to anyone else who might have the same problem. I had this weird issue where the latest icon I pasted into the Variations folder would end up as the first icon on the MV character generator, like so. Meaning any icon I chose were actually parts for the next one. Namely, icon_RearHair_p26

[​IMG]
    I was tearing my hair out wondering whether the MV generator had a limit, and then I finally noticed that the filename was named Icon_RearHair_p26. I changed it to icon and that fixed it! Can't believe how one little capitalized i could cause that much grief ;D

Anyway thank you for the parts, and looking forward to more of your work :)

7. Sythian Bard

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Alkorri!  :D Thank you for downloading!

I had previously found this little error and fixed it. If anyone has downloaded Beards after Thanksgiving, they :blink:  should  :blink:  be fine. But sometimes, these files be trippin! I double checked both links just to be sure. But, of course, Thank you for bringing this up. I definitely want to correct any issues asap!

Beard On!  :beard:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    Alkorri likes this.
  8. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! Weird. I am pretty sure I downloaded your beard sorry, I meant hair pack three days ago ;D

Edit: This is the moment when I realised I should have posted this in your Complete Gentleman's Barber Shop sorry ;/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
  9. Sythian Bard

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Absolutely no problem what so ever!  :D  And that is why this issue sounded familiar. I did have to lowercase an "I" for style H's Variation. Haha...well, thanks again.  :guffaw:

Alkorri likes this.
  10. Sythian Bard

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Everybody.

Just a friendly update:

The5OclockShadowExtendedCollection_SythianBard.png

I Extended the 5 O'clock Shadow Collection to include 9 new shadows for the [9] NINE [9] New & Fantastic Faces that have been included in the recent RMMV Update.

Also, I renumbered all of the Collection Files to now fit nicely in with the new Generator files...BECAUSE WE GOT 6...count 'em...SIX new beards with the update as well.

It's like a Vacation to Man Spa!

Enjoy & as always BEARD ON!  :beard:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  11. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Amazing work @Sythian Bard!

Dont know if someone already request it before, but i suggest you to make a RXGE pack for Schlangan's RPG Maker MV Extended Generator (link below):

Its still a beta tool, but already is far more complete than the standard Generator.

Thank you in advance!

12. LZachariah

LZachariah Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so, so much for this mod; my Sprites greatly thank you. I apologize for being such a noob, but to be clear, do I just copy-paste each of the individual icons into the respective folders in the RPG Maker MV generator folders? For instance, copying all the icons in your "Male" folder and pasting them in the corresponding "Male" folder of the RPG Maker MV Generator folder? Are there any other steps needed beyond that? (for your reference, I just downloaded all of your files today).

13. Sythian Bard

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hiya @LZachariah! Thank you so, so much for choosing my  :beard: *>BEARDS<* :beard: ! You would be correct, my beards are numbered to attach smoothly to the VANILLA (or unedited) Generator. Simply drag and drop my generator folder to merge with KADOKAWA's Generator folder. IF, you have already added somebody else's beards you will need to renumber mine to follow suit. OR IF, you only want to use a select group of my beards you will need to renumber them so that they line up.

There's an in depth explanation <here> that might help with any renumbering you may need to do.

Beard On!

LZachariah likes this.
  14. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow! These are just what I'm looking for! Fantastic! Thank you for creating these!

Sythian Bard likes this.
  15. Wookiee420

Wookiee420 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    can never have enough beards!!!! awesome work

Sythian Bard likes this.
  16. MANofGANONDORF_GROUP

MANofGANONDORF_GROUP Warper Member

First Language:
    Japanese
    It's useful thank you!

By the way when does Special Gift: HoHoHo's "SV" generetor parts come?

Sythian Bard likes this.
  17. Conday

Conday Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Love the facial hair Sythian, they really help fill a void in the default generator.  I did have a question about the 5 o'clock shadow package though: what is the difference between the files mark 26, 28, & 29?  Looking at them in the generator I'm having a hard time seeing a difference between them, though I am partially color-blind so that could be it too. :/  Also, as the Self Proclaimed Beard Extraordinaire :), I was wondering if you knew of any thin mustaches that had been created yet.  I'm looking for something like from Chaz from Shining Force 2 below, and thought I should ask you if it already exists before posting in the requests forum.  Thanks.

shining_force_2___chaz_by_artsaltargroup-da6dnic.jpg

18. Sythian Bard

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Hi Conday. I'm not at my computer currently to examine them properly, but I'm guessing there is no difference to be seen. When Kadokawa expanded the "Face" section of the generated it required an expansion of my "Shadows" so that there would be an appropriate fitting shadow for each face. Now that I'm reexamining this situation, I originally intended for this to be easy to match a face to a shadow. If face 1 was used, use shadow 1 and so on. But I don't think I properly executed that.

I apologize. These extra files are useless and taking up space in our folders. I will attempt to rectify this as soon as possible.

Thank you for choosing my beards. I appreciate you pointing this out.

Beard on!

Edit: And "Thin Mustache..." I have not seen one yet myself. Definitely put in a request on the site. If I can ever find a moment to sit down and create again, this would be a fun project.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
  19. Conday

Conday Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I don't know if anyone's interested, but for my own re-organization of the 5 O'Clock Shadow package, I removed the duplicate files 28-29, then changed 24-->26, 25-->24, 26-->27, and 27-->25.  Then I just subtracted 2 from the file names in the rest of this package, and from the Mutton Chop, No Shears, and Christmas package.  At least to me, everything now looks like it's in order with the beards getting longer each file.  Hope this helps.

20. MANofGANONDORF_GROUP

MANofGANONDORF_GROUP Warper Member

First Language:
    Japanese
    I tried making SV of  The HoHoHo Special.

I hope Sythian Bard likes it.

SV_Beard_pサンタヒゲ.png

SV_Beard_pサンタヒゲ_c.png

Sythian Bard and Conday like this.