animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I'm not completely sure where this topic belongs, but its about a personal project of mine and about packs in the general sense.

I've been on and off the idea of making character packs for a years now. I've tried making stuff as far back as 2014.
:kaoback: wow i've been around here longer then i realized.

Its been on my mind for years, but can never push myself to finish things. In general I am just very unsure of what people would want, is it worth it, would the stuff even be useful etc. ....am i making things too complicated....

My most recent idea is that I wanted to make something that could be incredibly useful and versatile for many games. I wanted to make something that offered more then just a standard character with a few expressions. So, I thought of maybe non specific cutscene images, possibly blinking frames, extra expressions, etc. I played with designing my own sprite style, possibly battlers and more. I like the idea of making something that would just be really useful, again beyond just a character face.

I've talked to some people about what would be best; large npc packs, main character specific, themes? Small packs, big packs? There are so many options :kaosigh: but at the end of the day this is something other people would use not me. So, I've come seeking information. After my game project, I feel this is something I'd really like to take up again, if people are interested in something like it.

So, I wanted to ask, what would make character packs even more useful to you? What do you generally look for in a character pack?

*note- character pack as in busts and faces, not so much sprite packs.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:smile:I think you may need to consider a move to the Visual Novel Maker section. A lot of VN people will prefer more busts and faces for sure. That is what my two cents.

I think animals and dinosaurs. It would be unique.

animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
@Kupotepo
There is definitely a large lake of animal options out there.

If you mean moving the topic there, then I'm not sure if this would fit in any of the topic options...there is a resource section for vnm, but its for posting resources not discussing them as far as I could tell.

I would like to cater to both vnm and rpgm if possible, but i know that would be trying to do alot. Perhaps I need to choose one. :kaoswt2:

Thank you <3

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@animesock52, I see you did VN which are beautiful.
If you wish to move, you click the report on your first thread and write in the report that you want to move. The moderator will move to you. I mean you can do both.

Because you can just resize the pictures.
How about ancient civilization people? [Now I don't see any]
Different cultures people from around the world. [Now I don't see any]

Last edited:

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think do the generic bad guy/npc bust
always the maker want lead protagonist and enemy is unique design

but with generic bad guy bartender npc
they don't need to be unique
but if it has in the game it add in imersive

and as it generic
so it can go in any game like base rpg maker sprite

and as I say generic
you can creative them to be beauty/ugly as you like
because they are just some random enemy/npc

animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
@Kupotepo Yeah I definitely need to look at the areas that lack content as well like the ones you pointed out. I feel I also need to be careful getting to specific that way the resources are still usable for many types of games. Want things usable for many makers.

@pasunna Yeah I would want npc and things to generic, nothing too fancy.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@animesock52 I moved this to General Discussion. General Lounge is intended for non-game making topics.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@animesock52, the generic resources will have a lot of competition which means it is mean. It is hard for people to get notice your resources. It is the down side. The plus side is people can integrate your resources into their game if they are noticing your resources at first place.
The choice is yours. It takes my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

have another character sheet! ill probably add some more details before i make my thread for this project
Every time the official RMWeb account makes a post, I think it's @Eliaquim writing it!

It's driving me crazy, but it's also wonderfully hilarious.
// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter