Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi, I don't know if you've played BattleCity for Gameboy (https://www.emulatorgames.net/download/?rom=battlecity), i would like to know:
1)where can I find a simple graphic of a tank, similiar to that of BattleCity, to replace him, in the actors, with the player's sprite to make him move.

2)How can I build the "simple battle system" in the sense that by pressing a button on the keyboard I can fire a bullet at the tank in order to hit the others who will be moving and to form earn points.

3)How can I make the tanks move in a random direction without colliding with obstacles?

4)How can I get the tanks back to life after a certain time?

In practice, I would like to resurrect BattleCity in a different style with different sprites more evolved than the original for gameboy. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Creating a game, while you have no idea how to do that? I don't want to be rude, but it's not a good idea.

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Creating a game, while you have no idea how to do that? I don't want to be rude, but it's not a good idea.
I'd still like to "restructure" the game.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I build the "simple battle system" in the sense that by pressing a button on the keyboard I can fire a bullet at the tank in order to hit the others who will be moving and to form earn points.
What you describe here is called an action battle system, and creating that is anything but simple.
On the contrary a battlesystem that involves shooting on the map is one of the most complex and most difficult battlesystems to program.

Or as a rule: if you don't know how to do something, then don't assume it is simple - if it were simple anyone would know how to do it after all...

MrB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some of the questions you ask here are fairly basic(such as how to randomly move a tank). You should probably look into some basic tutorials before you really dive into a system like this, just to learn the program.

But you can setup a(fairly clunky)setup using plugins like Keyboard Configto setup your firing, Event cloning to create bullets that travel in a straight line for starters..

.. But it probably will feel rather clunky. I've done similar setups on the earlier version of the RPGmaker(I think 2003?), and it felt really clunky. Sometimes bullets passed straight through the character/enemy, when it just moved away(since events move in steps, instead of pixels).. You might want to try this in another engine.

If you're committed in doing this through the RPGmaker though, I could see if there are some suitable plugins around that can help you :)

But learn the basics first. You really shouldn't touch plugins if you don't know what you can and can not do with the base program.

Edit, I just realised you posted this in the XP forums. Those plugins I've linked are for MV not XP, sorry!!

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
BattleCity for Gameboy
Never played it or heard of it.
"simple battle system
That would be the default battle system
tanks move in a random direction
Eventing
get the tanks back to life after a certain time?
Respawning

Sounds like you could use falco pearl ABS. It is a map battle where you can shoots things. (except it's for VX ACE not XP)
Then do eventing for respawning (I think there is a script as well - might work)
google searching shows that you can get tank sprites, but you'll have to rework them for XP.

Last edited:

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Never played it or heard of it.

That would be the default battle system

Eventing

Respawning

Sounds like you could use falco pearl ABS. It is a map battle where you can shoots things. (except it's for VX ACE not XP)
Then do eventing for respawning (I think there is a script as well - might work)
google searching shows that you can get tank sprites, but you'll have to rework them for XP.
More than the insertable battle of events, I would prefer without going into a process that the tanks will fire. So my doubt would be how to bring up the shot animation and that you only shoot if the distance between the tank and the player is greater than the length of the animation.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't understand
Also known as spawn, respawn is a gaming term used to describe the action of a computer player or human player coming back to life after being killed.

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Also known as spawn, respawn is a gaming term used to describe the action of a computer player or human player coming back to life after being killed.
Yes, I already knew this, I was asking how to set respawning on events after a certain time

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the easiest way to do that is to implement a timer script. Then you can give the command for a dead event to switch back to be alive after a set amount of time.

EDIT: I forgot you're using XP, you need to find a timer script on your own as the one I originally mentioned doesn't work on RMXP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradzackyle