Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and i hope that it will give a demo for steam-os linux so that i can try out that new rpg maker. and later the fullversion for steam-os linux aswell.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I will say that there is at least 1 feature that has been requested for years and years that is in. And it is one that I'm very excited for.

But I can't tell you what it is cause we haven't announced it yet so ahahaha, dance my monkeys... I mean, look forward to it!
Oh, isometric maps are finally an option?

Edit: just noticed people were already talking about it, so let me give a new idea:

Voice Acting on the default RTP.

Rafael_Sol_Maker

Almighty God Jabu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so my two cents here.

First for the ones who don't know, I'm using RPG Maker since 2004, wrote a lot of stuff for VX, some for Ace, and right now I'm using MV a LOT lately. Soon you guys might see a game I'm programming with a partner. It's a wonderful piece of software, kudos for all the team behind. I already helped in the Portuguese translation several times (it started unofficially several years ago) and did some very extensive review for Ace and MV at the time of each launch (here for MV: https://condadobraveheart.com/forum/index.php?threads/make-the-rpg-10ª-edição.1032/)

I see a lot of people being delusional with some requests here (please don't take it personally, I would also LOVE to have lots of these), but we know that, mostly, RPG Maker is a very conservative software and that's exactly the reason I love it, it's predictable and don't try to reinvent the wheel with The Next New Shiny Thing(tm) that eventually is left behind in a newer version.

Probably the feature set was set in stone already and now we would only receive small updates. Well, very well...

That being said, I think it's useless to ask things regarding resources/RTP or game engine ones. Mostly of the won't be used for a "serious developer" anyway, because they will want to focus on something original.

My stance is also a bit against "generators" because they, okay, give some freedom in making stuff that isn't included in default RTP/resources, but they also are a huge hit in creativity, because it locks us in a given style.

So, I would like to see focus in making the editor better, that should suffice. No more arbitrary limitations, and it should be more flexible. Every time I want to use a resource different from specifications (e.g.: a face) the editor just breaks and that *fill with that word here*. If possible, some options like those, to change the defaults, would be more than welcome. So, you decide the size, the amount of frames each thing has, et al.

And obviously, make more options apparent and easily customizable, I don't want to search in a obscure part of the code something that should be changeable straight away, like screen resolution. And I say that being a coder. A safe bet also should be different templates for creating a new project, I'm absolutely sick of creating new projects with no customizations and more of 400MB of resources that I won't use. If it's to wish too much, create plugins that can customize the editor itself, instead of only pieces of code for in-game engine. But I know, that's a stretch.

On the suggestions the guys here gave, a better fit should be a Trait-like condition page for events, notes fields (for notetags) for the rest of the things that still don't have it for some reason, and I would call it a day. RPG Maker doesn't need a revolution, it would be an entirely different software. So, if it's still Javascript, thank God.

For the guys who are responsible, like @Touchfuzzy, I'm in a big hope to work in the translation of the project (other guys like Raizen might also be interested). You guys did a wonderful job in MV and I don't expect less than from you guys!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Don't give too much credit to me :). My job on this was mostly in giving suggestions and feedback to the dev team.

Like, I appreciate people saying thanks, but I don't want people to misattribute where the credit should go.

RachelCantFocus

Bad art, Worse ideas.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What!?!
ASXDFGHJK
Thats crazy! I probably won't get it right away since my next couple projects need to be on MV (all my art assets are sized to MV) but still, I'm excited. I cant wait to see what new features there are. I wonder what the spirit sizes will be? As an artist, more pixels is always more fun, I might just buy it earlier than planned so I can make some art.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
But I can't tell you what it is cause we haven't announced it yet so ahahaha, dance my monkeys... I mean, look forward to it!
OwwwwO *dances.....DANCES!!!!*

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I will say that there is at least 1 feature that has been requested for years and years that is in. And it is one that I'm very excited for.

Let me guess. It's XP's 3 layer mapping

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hum is there eta like of the schedule of "release" ror the news?

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
They'll be announcing the release date of the news sometime next week I think

this is the sorta stuff that makes me excited for the possibility of console export

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I talked about this earlier, but basically every Thursday early morning US time there will be a new announcement for the next several weeks with new information. So just a couple more days for the next announcement.

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I loathe what you have emotionally done to me lol
Like I'm prob not going to get it at release like I did MV (boy did ya'll hype me up for MV back then) because, as others, I'm invested too far into some projects in MV.

However.....Thursday can not come soon enough. Why do you do this to me?! Litterally all you said was a new RM was coming o.o THAT'S IT YA'LL COULDN"T EvEN GIVE ME A NAME AHAHAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I loathe what you have emotionally done to me lol
Like I'm prob not going to get it at release like I did MV (boy did ya'll hype me up for MV back then) because, as others, I'm invested too far into some projects in MV.

However.....Thursday can not come soon enough. Why do you do this to me?! Litterally all you said was a new RM was coming o.o THAT'S IT YA'LL COULDN"T EvEN GIVE ME A NAME AHAHAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
SAME!

It's killing me. I just want to know so I can plan future projects. I mean, I say that I'm unlikely to take my current project to the new maker, but what if it's too good!

My wife is doing a good job calming me down, though. But she doesn't get it!!

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Honestly, they could probably take most of Yanfly's plugin concepts and add all of that functionality right to the base engine. So many of his plugins provide functionality that should just be baseline to start with.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Look, I'm not gonna sit here and speculate what features could or could not make it to the new engine.. but all I will say, is that if 3-Layer maps make it in, I will be a happy, happy feller. :)

-MIA

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am not sure who will step in for yanfly
Probably the people who are being paid from the funds raised by Yanfly, which he designated to be spent on updating his plugins for new engines.

Let me guess. It's XP's 3 layer mapping

YESYESYESYESYES!!! THIS would be the #1 thing I would hope for - well, not so much 3 layers like XP, but having control over what goes on what layer, like XP. Autotiles on the top layer? Yes, I think I will.

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I hope it is the feature that I am thinking it is. If it is, then I am also very excited too! I am hoping it is the 3D dungeon crawler feature. I remember the poll that was taken a few years ago to see who wanted it.

Last edited:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't really see an issue with including a feature like tile sizes but not the assets.
I'm sure there's plenty of people in the community that would contribute.
I'd contribute to such a feature if there was one.
PGM MV has all sorts of tile size options but only has RTP assets for 16x16
And i've seen assets made for the larger tile sizes.
So, it's really not a big deal IMO.
I think folks are overthinking such a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

• Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'll suggest you to enjoy even just for once some swordplay - then try to justify "switch weapon" actions. Magic will be more credible.
    My minimap "works" but you see it is so laggy that I need to optimize it heavily. Tryna make a game here, not a slideshow.
    I made some new balloon emotes for MZ.
    Look them up in my MZ Resource Thread :)
    Wow... For the longest time I thought, my game had a memory leak. I've been doing everything I can think of to optimize it. I was at a loss... Then today I tried a deployed version. Turns out the memory leak is MV running it.
    :ewat:
    It's not the biggest number ever, but I am so happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Salamiko97