BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Who's even going to write scripts/plugins for it? Even if I wanted to port Escalia over to MV (nope) I couldn't, because like, a truckload of VX Ace scripts never got rewritten for MV. And now during MV timespan, a lot of wellknown scripters who could've done it, quit scripting. I don't know, I'm just not excited yet.

Guess MV is done with gettng updates too?

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm personally very excited!

You guys have to realize that this will be the longest period of time between RPG Maker releases. It might seem like a short time but relatively, it's the longest it's been without a release.

I am definitely interested to see what changes it brings! I'll keep working on my current game in MV but after that, I'll switch it it's good :) can't wait for more details!

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been thinking of what i would want....but its basically just....what plugins offer :p So i guess i want them to make it easier/better for scripters, whatever is needed for that.

No chibi would be nice tho, or two options.

Last edited:

animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
And i just finally got back into making a game :kaoswt2: may lightly pause to see what this is....... i hope for more details soon.
.....yeah .... I agree with storyteller, im basically just collecting makers at this point. It got to be worth it.
Dynamic lighting....and more ui options would be amazing :kaoluv: but that just a personal desire.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a heads up. The news will be coming over the next several weeks. Right now we are just announcing it is coming, it will be next week before we announce new information. I just don't want people playing F5 season on the site expecting new news every day.

One piece of information I can share though is MV tilesets, sprites, etc will work with the new RM. I can't go into the full detail, but don't want people to think that their purchases are all going out the window if they switch.

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm so excited for the announcemente! *O*
I hope the new engine will be capable of loading MV plugins and MV graphic assets, so we don't have to re-buy every single piece of... character. XD
Please, keep JavaScript. And add pixel movement support by default. Also, we want to see better mobile compatibility.
I'm worried about Yanfly, Moghunter and Victor Saints having retired... So please, make the new engine be backward compatible with MV. PLEASE! T_T

Last edited:

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm super excited about what a new RPG maker would be, but at the same time its intimating because I dont even know what it would be like :LZSlol:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If we can use our purchases in the engine without editing them, does that mean the new editor will use MV grid sizes, or will we be able to customise our grids? Perhaps no grids at all! :o

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One piece of information I can share though is MV tilesets, sprites, etc will work with the new RM. I can't go into the full detail, but don't want people to think that their purchases are all going out the window if they switch.
What about MV plugins? I hope they will be compatible with the new engine.
I'm worried because Yanfly, Moghunter, Victor Saints and many other scripters have retired! :(

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about MV plugins? I hope they will be compatible with the new engine.
I'm worried because Yanfly, Moghunter, Victor Saints and many other scripters have retired! :(
I'm just going to squash this one because if you really think about it, this isn't feasible.

The only way we could have maintained compatibility with MV plugins is not change the engine code at all. Even MV updates could at times break some plugins.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Interesting. Lets just hope they don't do something werid with it like...new RPGMaker! You can now make the DOS game of your dreams! Ever wanted to make a game that fits on a floppy disc? Now you can!

Or...make an RPG that runs on your TI calculator! Say that would be interesting actually...

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This makes me wonder if it'll be an "MV Ace", i.e. it'll be a new iteration of MV, that maintains compatibility but improves a load of aspects of the editor.

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just going to squash this one because if you really think about it, this isn't feasible.
That's disappointing... :(
It could take 3-4 years before having the same plugin quantity that MV has. Yanfly is not here anymore...

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking forward to see what pre-order goodies you’ll offer this time around.

...because, you’ll offer pre-order goodies to you loyal customers I hope?! :kaopride:

About plugins.

It’s sad we no longer have Yanfly (amongst others), but there’s still a few talented and nice plugin creators in the community. And when you think about it, stuff like Yanfly’s Core plugin is only really needed because MV doesn’t support basic stuff out of the box that you’d expect out of a modern age game engine. Like changing the screen resolution... :kaoeh:

If the engine itself allows you to set up custom sprite sheets, tile sheets, grid sizes, animations, etc without much limitations and if the editor offers stuff like unlimited layers for mapping and ways to easier event menu scenes etc. Then you don’t actually need 70% of all plugins you’re using now which are only there to patch some basic limitation of the base engine.

You’ll still need Plugins for certain stuff no matter how capable the engine is. But we might not need 100+ plugins in every project.

I hope Kadokawa learned from their Pixel Game Maker engine and that the next RPG maker is on par with it’s capabilities. I really do.

Don’t disappoint me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.
I'm currently playing Ara Fell - I can see why it's had generally good reviews. The exploration aspect is pretty strong and the writing is passable.

The game auto-saves and offers an option to turn back just before each major combat, and immediately brings the player back to the last position saved when there's a TPK. Convenient at the very least.
This is Krizzirk Toeuia Aeslan, I'm picking up transmission. Draftwingeds on, duty on, exhaust ready. 310 Immulicationsers approaching. I'll take the cake and----hold it!!! My Cosvere Radar detected 3001 of them!!
11 hours of programming... Only to add two more zoom levels.
Well, that's what happens when you decide between minimap and zoom too late.

It's my cute little ghost~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FerdiPanther