EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... Is in only able to work on windows 8.1+?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!

I guess every Thursday.
They say that after every little paragraph talking about a feature.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Windows just ended support for Windows 7 this year, so it's not surprising that it doesn't have Windows 7 support. It's a good thing I'm sort of in the process of trying to finally upgrade to Windows 10.

Also they're saying the RTP is going to be the biggest they've had in an engine, so that's exciting for me at least.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MikePjr Yes it's the one that I'm translating for you guys.
I'm not seeing anything different in the editor UI or the event tabs ... so no manual control over mapping layers
Told you there's an entirely new menu named "layer".

But yeah, other than that, the game's window (title screen) still has the 3 same options as MV (without a proper EXIT button, the last one being "option" again) and huuuuu.. No wide screen.

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I'll say that I'm kinda underwhelmed, but we still don't entirely know the features unless Touchfuzzy decides to start talking. Can someone maybe translate the images to English?

If there's one major criticism I have judging by the images, I really don't like the look of that world map tileset imo.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Windows just ended support for Windows 7 this year, so it's not surprising that it doesn't have Windows 7 support. It's a good thing I'm sort of in the process of trying to finally upgrade to Windows 10.

Also they're saying the RTP is going to be the biggest they've had in an engine, so that's exciting for me at least.
you can actually get windows 10 for free even to this day. the upgrade to windows 10 thing from microsoft is still active even to this day.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
MZ, huh. I wonder what that stands for.
Also I can already see that I'm going to be moving a lot of threads from MV to MZ and vice versa xD

Last edited:

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
HAHA we got trolled. I was hoping some feature announced but today they give us a picture of the UI and a new name only.

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
LMAO we were all trolled. this is the new version? I will not be buying
Well... they barely have revealed anything yet. The official site mentions there's a lot of MZ specific features to be revealed later. But yeah, I do agree it wasn't the best first impression.... which IMO was a not the best PR move for a reveal.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@MikePjr Yes it's the one that I'm translating for you guys.

Told you there's an entirely new menu named "layer".

But yeah, other than that, the game's window (title screen) still has the 3 same options as MV (without a proper EXIT button, the last one being "option" again) and huuuuu.. No wide screen.
Calm down.. i said that.. then i said something different.. if i could delete that post, i would..

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hm, yeah. Rpg maker MZ! Okay...

Two things stand out here.

“To be released summer 2020”, says the Japanese tweet. What? That’s basically NOW! Come on! Sneaky! That is way too soon guys, how am I supposed to finish my current game before then!? How eeeevil! :kaoeh:

But also, it looks so much like MV. Even if they call it RM MZ it looks like an “MVace” thingy. Like, the world map RTP looks almost identical to MV’s. The GUI too looks very similar. Very. I think I see some differences but from what we can see in those screenshots, it’s basically the same.

Quick! Hurry! Tell me something awesome about this engine so I can salvage my hype! Anyone?

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All 5 Steam screenshots can be looked at 1:1 scale if you right click and select "copy image location".

Tkool website (and hinted by Steam) says database, map editor, and event commands are the big updates. Can't find any exact details on what that means, but "Layer" is promising.

I like how the tilesets are all pixel art again :) the soupy painted tilesets drove me nuts. It's not like. Great pixel art. But it's simple and easy to replicate.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's probably being released next month.

Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
LOL

Week 1: announcement of the announcement.
Week 2: "We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!" (+ 5 pictures of the engine looking basically the same as RMMV)

I'm so glad the new RMMZ "features a test play function that makes it very easy to check the workings of your game while you are creating it". Great news :LZSlol:

Piyan Glupak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I see Steam says that it is for Windows and Mac, with no mention of Linux. As I don't intend to go back to Windows, I may have to pass on this one, unless that is only half the story.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Wow... 8gb of ram, minimum? Glad my machines have that much. This RM Must be really beefy.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the layer menu options in the is what I expect to be this will be a BIG game changer for Rpg maker.

I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced doodas. (if you familliar with yanfly doodas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.
currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc1980