A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
you can actually get windows 10 for free even to this day. the upgrade to windows 10 thing from microsoft is still active even to this day.
But you need a computer capable of handling 64 bit and mine can only handle 32 bit so I need to buy a new computer.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hm. Read a bit on steam, and, they do say they’ve improved eventing, animations, database, mapping... well, everything (without specifying what they’ve done yet).

Also, they say straight up that MZ’s RTP is the largest collection so far. Okay, I can at least be excited about that. I hope it’s a boatload!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see Steam says that it is for Windows and Mac, with no mention of Linux.
even with MV, the linux version came out much later than the Win and Mac version.
But since MacOS was based on a Unix variant it is very likely that they will create a port later as well.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With RPG Maker MZ, we have augmented and expanded the database function.
HUMMM why do I feel they introduced some nice fonctionnality like....resolution, translation etc

oh I think I would love to see Customer parameters for characters / class etc so we can use it for plugins

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On the steam page.. there's something they say, that confirms what i've always thought the name was in japanese.
"RPG Maker is known in Japan as "RPG Tsukūru." "Tsukūru" is a coined term that, in a literal sense, combines the Japanese words for "make" and "tool." This signifies that RPG Maker is a tool that is designed to make games. "
I always thought Tsukūru meant tool or something tool.
Of course i had a friend who used to make the argument that it was japanese for School >_< LOL

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Wow, it's basically the same thing what a ripoff"
you don't even know what the updates are because literally none of the updated functions are visible in any of the screenshots. Come on. Yall really have no object permanence?

I don't really care about how similar they are because again...nothing that got updated...is visible in the screenshots. I can't form an opinion yet.

For those interested, the UI layout is close to identical, but updated enough it's obvious how cheap MV looks lol

UI Comparison

And here are the tilesets! While they're arranged the same for backwards compatibility, they're surprisingly entirely new, with some having completely different tiles. I like the crunch of the pixels and how much brighter they are.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"As samples, we have prepared a wealth of resources comprised of drawings and music that are needed to make games. All you need to focus on is giving shape to your own ideas. On top of that, for anyone looking for something beyond the samples already provided, we have set aside a vast collection of additional downloadable content intended for the RPG Maker series.
By using these assets in combination, you can create a game that's absolutely full of originality. "

Maybe i'm overthinking things.. but i wonder if "a vast collection of additional downloadable content" means maybe older assets available to be used in the new maker?
Maybe not though.. we'll see.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@K2loid lol now that you mention it............the ui looks way cleaner there hahaha but I do really hope that they will not make us wait a week to just reveal us one information at a time this will just build an ultra hype.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@K2loid lol now that you mention it............the ui looks way cleaner there hahaha but I do really hope that they will not make us wait a week to just reveal us one information at a time this will just build an ultra hype.
I'm assuming Thoughtfuzzy will be able to simply define what the announcement means by "database updates", "map editor updates", and "event command" updates. Or at least what kind of eventing that little sidebar lets us do now.

Also, they say straight up that MZ’s RTP is the largest collection so far. Okay, I can at least be excited about that. I hope it’s a boatload!
This is an editor made for me specifically :wub I'm already excited that the RTP will slot in with my DS assets!

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
"Wow, it's basically the same thing what a ripoff"
you don't even know what the updates are because literally none of the updated functions are visible in any of the screenshots. Come on. Yall really have no object permanence?

I don't really care about how similar they are because again...nothing that got updated...is visible in the screenshots. I can't form an opinion yet.

For those interested, the UI layout is close to identical, but updated enough it's obvious how cheap MV looks lol

UI Comparison

And here are the tilesets! While they're arranged the same for backwards compatibility, they're surprisingly entirely new, with some having completely different tiles. I like the crunch of the pixels and how much brighter they are.
First of all, thanks a lot for the comparison shot!

Secondly, I completely agree. I for one, am still hyped :)

It's just that it wasn't the most exciting reveal.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can someone maybe translate the images to English?
There's nothing more for the moment, just one new word (layer) that is not already on MV, but it's in the menu bar only and not in the icon-list for quick access.. Strange.

I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced doodas. (if you familliar with yanfly doodas)
I don't think this menu is for doodadds, more likely for tileset-layers.

But you need a computer capable of handling 64 bit and mine can only handle 32 bit so I need to buy a new computer.
You can manually update MV with NWJS 64bits, it's pretty good to boost performances.

MZ will likely have under the hood performance improvements, probably not a giant leap over MV but still an interesting step forward. We'll see.

"Tsukūru" is a coined term that, in a literal sense, combines the Japanese words for "make" and "tool." This signifies that RPG Maker is a tool that is designed to make games. "
I always thought Tsukūru meant tool or something tool.
It's just the verb "to make", can also be used to say "to create" or even "to build" etc. But long ago when RM95 and 2000 got translated by.. hmmm hobbyists (^_^), they simply chose RPG MAKER as a name because it sounds pretty cool.

Speaking of pretty cool. The art for that new RM "title" (wallpaper thing) looks great.

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I’m not entirely sure, but I think one new feature is visible, although it’s more of a sneaky hint than anything concreate.

See that screenshot with the empty list to the left where the tilesets and regions usual are? I think that might be the “layer settings”. And if so I guess we can have however many layers we want (or a lot at least)?

There is a layer tab visible (if you can read Japanese), and the quick command icon selected in that screenshot looks like it could represent layers?

I’m just guessing but seems likely.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Yeah, I was expecting another video honestly, hopefully showcasing images of the assets, hud, work space, tools ... little disappointed, but I'll stick around and hope for a little more info ... hopefully before next Thursday? ... plz ... Q.Q

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 147275
And we still have the same event conditions with the bloody > or = comparison for variables...
Would it have killed them to allow to check for < ?
don't hope to much for some forsaken reason the dev NEVER liked the idea of allowing more comparison for variables they even got in an argument with the rpg maker web dev team if I recall lol just for this forsaken check LOL

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
speaking of features made for me specifically

Character Generation
By combining the resources included with this tool, you can place your own original characters within a game.In addition to combining assets, you can produce countless visual patterns for your characters using this function, which also allows you to change colors.
RPG Maker MZ brings you a more powerful character generation function.
We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!
h-hewwo? I think "visual pattern" is an awkward quickly done translation (implied by the fact sprites/tiles are referred to as "chips") but more powerful.......? Pray tell, can we upload our own assets easily for once?

WEBSITES UP

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's been up for a while now. I'm hoping when they say " You can easily set up the events you employ frequently. You can also copy them and use them freely." they're referring to an actual event copier and not just common events/copypaste.

T34KEN

Happy game maker :-)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
LOL

Week 1: announcement of the announcement.
Week 2: "We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!" (+ 5 pictures of the engine looking basically the same as RMMV)

I'm so glad the new RMMZ "features a test play function that makes it very easy to check the workings of your game while you are creating it". Great news :LZSlol:
I totally agree with you, now it looks more like update of MV than new RPG maker ...

AmericanKirby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The "layer" tab sounds really promising.

In RPG Maker MZ, we have really beefed up the plug-in function.
Hmmm...

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Meh, this doesn't reveal much yet to me. Just a much better looking RTP. MV looks blurry compared to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twilightprincess