Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From what little I can see on the Steam page, it does look like it's no more a balloon head.
where did you see that? If I enlarge and compare the screenshot with the starting position, the sprite used there has the same chibi head like the one in MV

MajinSonic

CupHog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Even if a game or the engine would have 8gb requirements... so what? It doesn't matter. You need 8gb for nearly everything these days... xD

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't say so. They are explicitly requesting 64bit system. It's known that 32bit systems have a certain limit of RAM they can support. Therefore excluding 32bit systems is a huge step as it essentially means you can no longer develop your game on the road with a tablet.
oh... I miss that info
that weird... why would they go 64bit only
because rpgm game more going to play on low end computer...

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
where did you see that? If I enlarge and compare the screenshot with the starting position, the sprite used there has the same chibi head like the one in MV
I'm not at my computer, so I couldn't compare directly, but the head seems to be less puffy cheeks as MV's had?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Probably not, because Touch said it will be compatible with the MV tiles.
You should go back and read a lot of the stuff that Archaia said she wanted to add.
One of those things was an option for XP styled auto tiles.
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they'd add an OPTION for it.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Is it going to be the Switch version but for PC? :rswt

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a hard time understanding the 8 gigs of ram issue honestly.
My system has 12.. most computers now days have 8 or more gigs.
I plan to upgrade my rig with more ram later on actually.
Got a laptop coming that has 8 gigs in it to.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also looking forward to seeing what new RTP characters we get. The MZ banner has a bunny (or are those cat ears?) girl with a bow, and a girl with an axe; I think there's also some sort of dog looking thing, but that might just be my imagination. xD

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not moving to MZ ASAP because of the plugins. It will start with a zero amount of community made plugins, even if the code is similar, there won't be 100% compatibility. My game relies on plugins heavily. Maybe, if there's an automated tool for importing MV projects to MZ (it's highly likely there will be, given how similar they look), I won't use it until there'll be plugins for all my features.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Minor gripe..
I hope MZ's logo is more in line with Japan's this time.
I get annoyed with software like this having totally different logos.

Oh wait.. it is lol

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another comparison of RTP

1. Head is smaller, but "fatter", with rounder cheeks; basically, chibi style has been committed to.
  2. Arms are less wide. I'm guessing we have moved past Muscle Baby.
  3. There's actual depth on the character sprite, instead of features being flat across the body (see; the belt), which helps sell the sprite
  4. They're still the same size. I guess it would be useful to just slap the face onto old sprites to make Infinite Backwards Compatibility works.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should go back and read a lot of the stuff that Archaia said she wanted to add.
Archeia wanting stuff is pretty much the same as us wanting stuff. She is not the developer and while she can request/suggest, they are not obligated in any way to provide it. Touch said the MV tiles ARE compatible with the new engine. It's highly unlikely that they'll have MV autotiles AND XP autotiles.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If there's no options for XP styled auto tiles, i'm skipping this installment.
I'm sick of the blocky f***ing maps, and the G D voodoo plugin work around.. i'm F***ING FED UP.
I'm just straight up sick of it.
It's why i havn't been around these forums in over a year.. i stopped using MV.
And i know i'm not alone on this, when it comes to this frustration.

Last edited:

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The MZ banner has a bunny (or are those cat ears?) girl with a bow, and a girl with an axe; I think there's also some sort of dog looking thing, but that might just be my imagination. xD
You get a pretty good view on the japanese website : https://tkool.jp/mz/
The girl's probably a fox and there's a lion-like guy.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are we sure that girl is not a cat?

CG-Tespy

Professional Persona Panderer
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a programmer, this is the stuff I'd like to see:
  • Better support for multi-file plugins. Practically forcing monolithic coding (as the script-allowing RMs so far do) makes more complex plugins a HUGE nightmare to make and maintain. Not to mention, forcing such terrible coding practices should've died out in the 90s.
  • Support for unit-testing and debugging with Visual Studio (or some other reputable IDE)
  • Using TypeScript instead of JavaScript. The former's a lot better for larger-scale projects, and since it compiles down to JS anyway, MZ can still rely on PIXI and Node

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?
Some random sketch-letons.

I have a strong urge to make a tutorial video of all the random things I've learned since starting on my game. little helpful tips and stuff that may help people.
Do you guys think it's better to have all members in your team from the beginning (then you can pick who battles) or you gain team members as the story goes?
PL: Patch polonizujący do RPG Makera 2003 prawie gotowy! Mamy przetłumaczoną bazę danych (projekt), polskie fonty, wiadomości walki i jakieś 90% edytora.
Do przetłumacznia pozostało te 10% edytora i plik pomocy. Niedługo więcej informacji!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James19851989