Not open for further replies.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will talk about the two things that are visibly different in the pictures though:

1. You are correct about layer control. That menu let's you leave it on auto (like MV) or manually switch to the layer you want.
2. The event list. When you are in eventing mode, the tile palette is replaced by a list of all the events on the map. Makes it a whole lot easier to find and edit the right one.

Also, an added bonus bit of information: Just because you don't think something is in because the "screenshots" show something, doesn't mean that it isn't in. There is at least one thing I saw mentioned that someone was sure didn't exist, but actually does as a database option.

I'm a little disappointed that you only turn the layer thing off and on.. kinda hoped it'd be more like choosing the amount of layers.. but i guess any improvement is an improvement.. so it at least takes things back to XP in those regards..
But that thing you said last... gives me some hope..

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well disappointing so far.

Unless the new features are really powerful the only thing that'd sell me on MZ now is full plugin forward compatibility. i.e. being able to use most plugins from MV in MZ (its a dream). Though honestly as it is, without DragonBones support I can't see myself upgrading.
No dont hope for backward compatibility for plugins they reworked the codebase and changed
The framework version which mean new ways of coding so yeah nope buddy none of the plugin will work lol

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hope the layer options adds the ability to put what ever i want on what ever layer i want.
Auto tiles used for tree cover for instance.. or walls that partly overlap the player when above them in dungeons for example.
I like being able to put what i want on what layer i want.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Answering questions that I can:

Layer control does mean you can put tiles on whichever layer you want.

There are 4 layers. (I get wanting to add as many as you want, but honestly 4 is more than you would need in most cases (I legit can't think of a sitaution where I'd need 5 layers of tiles on one spot), and is one more than XP had)

Kich

Hi-bit pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Answering questions that I can:

There are 4 layers. (I get wanting to add as many as you want, but honestly 4 is more than you would need in most cases (I legit can't think of a sitaution where I'd need 5 layers of tiles on one spot), and is one more than XP had)
This is great.
la.gif
Thanks for clearing that up.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Pretty exciting, I'm here for that! Too bad I still will probably brute force my way through tiles A5 and beyond and ignore autotiles if the VX format is kept, but it's a really sweet deal nonetheless.

This is gonna be a long week

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV

There are 4 layers.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Really happy to have that confirmed and that would be a big incentive for me to make the jump across! :D

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
XP has 3 map layers iirc, just like MV.
I think a 4+1 (event) is a great improvement.
Even a single extra layer makes already a huge difference in mapping.

Technically MV also had 4 layers. Things like fencing autotiles went on their own layer. So it was two A layers and 2 B-E layers. but yeah with no control, it was hard to tell it had 4 layers.

Also @JosephSeraph: Still will be easier as you can now use TileB-E stuff on base layer, so you don't have to shove everything in A5.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I really cant say much because... well, didnt see that much xD Still, is a new program, so it is exciting... still, the requisites are scary for people with low-cost pc.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds pretty good. I like having greater control over my mapping. :D

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
7FFCE35A-5877-4BB2-8550-D8F9CE9B4EE5.jpeg
I think I see a new feature or two.
Notice the dark boxes around the commands? Ain’t seen that before.

Also the window frame is a bit fancy. Maybe we can select it separately?

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, an added bonus bit of information: Just because you don't think something is in because the "screenshots" show something, doesn't mean that it isn't in. There is at least one thing I saw mentioned that someone was sure didn't exist, but actually does as a database option.
Yep, most interesting, there was not screenshot from the Database tabs. I bet there comes something new!

Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I don't think the marketing plan designed to slow release all the info is the problem (I'm not a fan of it either), but how it was executed so far. After 1 week of hype all we got after a "there is a new RPG Maker..." was a "and we improved things!" :LZSbleh:
I think the pictures looking so similar to the previous version only made it worse- if we had more new things to look at and guess/imagine what they were (like the new layers thing) we'd had more to talk about, even if no real information were shared. I believe that's what would make this marketing plan actually work.

Holding back so much only makes me believe that the new RPG Maker didn't change many things from the previous version, so there isn't enough information to share for the next 4+ weeks.
Things will be fine though, I'm just not excited about the product anymore (at least for a week :LZSrasp:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.
Ami
--- Stolen Item ---

M.Figher: I want to sell this Stone
Fence: Then...i can buy you 1500G
M.Figher: It's Deal!
(3 Days Later)
F.Fighter: M.Figher,Do you know about Stone that Mayor keep it in his Office? It's missing
M.Figher: Ahh,is that so... (Actually,i Stole it and Sell it to the Fence a few Days ago)
I've spent some cash on foley and other sound effects. I wonder sometimes if I made a poor choice, but I remember that I really want to improve the sound of my games. n...n; My frugalness haunts me sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taralane041