SpunkyDuck

Ruby Programming Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So being somebody who likes the programming structure of ruby I've been quickly scrolling through this post again and saw that @nio kasgami was talking about a potential new version of JS making MZ's syntax more beautiful and easier to use regarding actual class and definitions? I'll tell you what, I hated MV's coding structure from day 1 and never bothered to fight with it, but if this is the case... I might actually take a peak at this here MZ when it comes out and if it's something similar to how ace's structured I might actually make some plugins... Is this just speculation or can this be confirmed?

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Oh wow, so they went with the name of MZ??? I'm also surprised there was so much bashing from the initial announcement, but considering it resembles MV a lot, I guess it was probably justified. I couldn't run MV on my computer (thankfully I'm getting a new one) and MZ would likely not even boot up on it so I'm going to pass unless there is a console version.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
when it comes out and if it's something similar to how ace's structured I might actually make some plugins..
Jokes on you, MV code structure is actually similar to Ace (even it has the similar function name). But I don't disagree that the way how they write the JS code is weird.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not complaining, since I have a houseful of Gundam fans... But... I had to LOL when I saw it was going to be MZ. When the Earth Federation has breathed it's last, Harold suits up in Gundam MZ!*

*Therese does not approve of this message

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So being somebody who likes the programming structure of ruby I've been quickly scrolling through this post again and saw that @nio kasgami was talking about a potential new version of JS making MZ's syntax more beautiful and easier to use regarding actual class and definitions? I'll tell you what, I hated MV's coding structure from day 1 and never bothered to fight with it, but if this is the case... I might actually take a peak at this here MZ when it comes out and if it's something similar to how ace's structured I might actually make some plugins... Is this just speculation or can this be confirmed?
yeah ES6 is still the same old JS just prettified (it's the version after ES5

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I would like to point out, as someone on Twitter did (who's names I can't remember now sorry :( ), that this is going to be the first RM in a while that likely will not have Yanfly and their prolific array of scripts and plugins to hold it up.... and I think they realize that too, so maybe it's going to be ok guys :3 . Let's just chill.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
64x64 tile or back to 32x32 - 48x48 a was mistake (They already said all sprites from MV will work in MZ which is sad, cuz it means 48x48 again...)
Why was 48x48 a mistake? I much prefer 48x48 then 32x32 since there's more detail. 64x64 is nice with even more detail, but it's starting to get a bit too big. I think 48x48 is a good sweet spot between detail and practicality for player movement.

yeah ES6 is still the same old JS just prettified (it's the version after ES5
Yup. Plus it's possible to upgrade MV's JS to ES6 already, so it wouldn't be that much of an upgrade to be honest.

SpunkyDuck

Ruby Programming Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen You know what I meant. I admit I didn't write it like the smart person I should have been. I'm not bashing JS as a coding language just that everything is all over the damn place in MV. I'm stubborn. haha

@nio kasgami That's all I cared about haha

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why was 48x48 a mistake? I much prefer 48x48 then 32x32 since there's more detail. 64x64 is nice with even more detail, but it's starting to get a bit too big. I think 48x48 is a good sweet spot between detail and practicality for player movement.
It's probably
  1. Too big for tile-based movement
  2. Since it's detailed, it's harder to make a resource for it
I do prefer 32px, but using 48px is something I can deal with.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah how it look in the new js is pretty much that :

class Something extends Base {
static field;
SomeFunction() {}

}

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not complaining, since I have a houseful of Gundam fans... But... I had to LOL when I saw it was going to be MZ. When the Earth Federation has breathed it's last, Harold suits up in Gundam MZ!*

*Therese does not approve of this message

I would support the creation of this game.

Therese can get her own Gundam, we need more female Gundam pilots.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
the translations of the japanese terms have changed between the makers depending on who did the translation. for example traits or features between Ace and MV.

And if you read other parts of the descriptions, the tilesets are called map chips in another sentence of it.
So yes, there is a good chance that the terminology changed again, especially if kodakawa has selected someone else to do the translations.

It's not. Translation is the same. Steam page text was just an issue. Should be fixed now.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Speaking of Therese... WHEN WILL WE KNOW THE NAMES OF THE RTP CHARACTERS OF MZ

I'm honestly excited to see where the communal headcanon for our new RTP heroes goes.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe they will name them after the mods and staff here. Touchfuzzy will be the main character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember when people had the ability to have meaningful conversations on platforms like twitter or facebook? Good times... Nowadays is absolute crap.
All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pazzow