The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe. Maybe RPG Maker will end, and a new series will rise from the ashes - Pachinko Maker!

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Z stands for Zombies. The engine is actually hiding a biological weapon that prevents devs from leaving their computers, turning them into brain-hungry abominations. Not only that, but it also has a double meaning: Mark Zuckerberg. Yes, this conspiracy is indeed being supported by Facebook. Those fiends...

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well... maybe the Z has to do with Z axes?
Cause there's multiple layers.. you can put what you want on them.. just spitballing ideas here
Most folks are making jokes.. but i'd seriously like to consider what it actually means.
Well.. it's on windows 10 which is said to be the final version of windows they plan to release.. and Z is the final letter in the alphabet..
Rather than calling it RPG maker M10.. they decided to go with MZ since Z is the last letter.
But that would suggest it's the final RPG Maker.. and i'm kinda doubting it's the last..
Again.. just spitballing.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
“Z” as in Uh... ”Z index”? As a kinda obscure reference for the new layer system that we’ e already been told about? Eh.. I dunno.

Edit; @MikePjr Ninja’d!

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Apparently this looks like the "biggest release" an RPG Maker has ever had. Is there a possibility that MZ would want to take the position that was the original idea of the MV? To be the definitive version, receiving only later updates?

What about suggestions for improvements in this area? Have they been taken into account? And I don't know if I like the idea that some programmers had access to the tool before launch. Graphics and sound resources, fine. But programmers imply that the idea of disconnecting the need for plugins from the tool did not flow well. Of course, I don't expect a perfect system and I even think that users should be encouraged to program, it's just an observation.

They have already commented on the system requirements. Yes, 8GB is still a lot. A machine with these same 8GB of memory, a medium video card and a medium processor can spend, in Brazil, the R$ 2,000.00 in stores where I researched. At the time I post this comment, it is only U$ 398.00, but believe me it is more than an ordinary worker (minimum wage) receives in two months. Of course, I also want to know how much this new version will cost. Launch prices usually choose between the left and the right kidney.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DV! That should have been the letters used honestly.
Definitive Version.. or DE Definitive Edition.
Honestly though, wish they would go back to years.
This one could have been called RPG Maker 2020
2K20
Z-axis. 3d confirmed
2D games can have a Z axis as well, especially overhead games like RPGs.. or games like Zelda or the Mana series.

deadyfinger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
XP = Windows XP
VX = Windows Vista
VX Ace = Windows Vista on steroids
MV = Mobile Version
MZ = ? I think what you said was just someone making a joke. Don't believe it's been announced yet.

Hmmmm.. Magical Z-Depth? for 3D? Sorry JK ;)

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DV! That should have been the letters used honestly.
Definitive Version.. or DE Definitive Edition.
Honestly though, wish they would go back to years.
This one could have been called RPG Maker 2020
2K20

You have to keep in mind that couple of the early RPG Maker programs for the PC were named as a reference to a version of Windows. At least, I believe that was the case with RPG Maker 95 (Windows 95), RPG Maker 2000 (Windows 2000), RPG Maker 2003 (Windows Server 2003), RPG Maker XP (Windows XP), and RPG Maker VX (Windows Vista). In other words, the name RPG Maker 2020 (RPG Maker 2k20) wouldn't work as there's no Windows 2020; not to mention, RPG Maker 10 wouldn't work as there are people that wouldn't get the name as a reference to Windows 10 and would be confused as a result. On the other hand, I like your earlier suggestion (DV or DE) and believe that RPG Maker DV or RPG Maker DE could work. I wish I could pitch in with my own suggestion, but at the moment, I can't think of any idea for letters to be added to the RPG Maker program, even for fun.

LRDean_Socks

A.K.A. Socks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hmmmm.. Magical Z-Depth? for 3D? Sorry JK ;)
[
XP = Windows XP
VX = Windows Vista
VX Ace = Windows Vista on steroids
MV = Mobile Version
MZ = ? I think what you said was just someone making a joke. Don't believe it's been announced yet.

Perhaps it stands for "zero"
Cause Windows 10 ...ends in a zero

Just a thought, I'm probably wrong XD

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was pretty sure it was based on year released.... anyhow..

We'll leave that to Konami.
Ugh... don't even get me started on how I LOATH Konami..
I hope Kadokawa never goes the way of Konami..
Hell, i don't wanna see ANY company take the path Konami has taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->
cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rag1993