Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if I like the idea that some programmers had access to the tool before launch.

Uh ... release a new RPG Maker without plugins, everyone complains because it'll be 6 months before we have any decent plugins for it so it's not worth migrating to.

Give some programmers early access so they can make plugins, so they're there when the new RPG Maker is released, and people complain about that.

Do you want early plugins or do you want to have to wait for them? You can't have it both ways.

I had early access to MV. That's why it was released with a converter. There were heaps of plugins available on MV release. Would you rather not have that?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz It's just a lose-lose situation. Can't please everyone, just got to pick a path and walk it till the end. I think a lot of people appreciated those plug-ins that released with MV, though.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had early access to MV. That's why it was released with a converter. There were heaps of plugins available on MV release. Would you rather not have that?
Yeah, I won't complain... rather have some things there at launch than to have nothing.
Sounds more like jealousy to me..
Can we not be jelly please?
No one needs to be jelly.
I'm thankful folks get early access to make anything..

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Damn this s*** has exploded and we still don't have everything in the can yet. Though on a separate note, I could never get why they used a paintbrush when Ace and everything else used a bucket icon, and keep in mind that area fill is technically supposed to be a f***ing bucket icon. I could never get that design choice, and I would probably despise the jerk who thought it was a good idea to break with such an obvious tradition in the first place.

So even if we have to upgrade more than just our projects, at least that's one more design gaffe that never should've been a thought in the first place.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BreakerZero : If that happens due to an internet error, you can just report the accidental double post and we can merge it (if desired) or delete it. I'll delete the duplicate for you, though if you want it back report it and tell us to merge it instead.

AmericanKirby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker Final Chapter ~if promises are made of love~ 20.2.0 Memories of Σ

& Knuckles

tumblr_inline_mtujtxu1jJ1rw38tc.jpg

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks again, @bgillisp. Also, for anyone else who had difficulties there was a momentary issue with the forums where it seems that the entire system crashed under the load of those of us frantically discussing the MZ announcement. Or in more technical terms, our discussion on this has basically doxxed the system for what seems like several minutes of agony.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't really want to get involved in the discussion here but:
Yanfly working for Degica and Kadokawa confirmed.

He's not. This kind of rumor has been bothering him and some kept trying to contact him to see if it's true. So I'm just here to dispel the rumor.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe it's "Zenith", to indicate this is the highest point MV's format can possibly go (definitely indicated by how much RTP it apparently has)? The name's not important, but it's fun to think about.

We really are a cage of monkeys rattling the bars right now lol

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
He's not. This kind of rumor has been bothering him and some kept trying to contact him to see if it's true. So I'm just here to dispel the rumor.
I feel bad for him.
He's trying to get away from all the stress.. and it's like folks are trying to pull him back in..

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I am with archeia heres and let yanfly alone he did enough for us wait more than we merit and let him take his retirement in peace

I doubt he will come back and if he does I hope no one go bother him with selfish request.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You sure someone didn't just hit the go outside and do something else button?
I've been doing something else - for 10 whole minutes! Now I want to forum again, and it wasn't there :(

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I honestly am not sure the last time I went outside.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just hope this new RPG Maker doesn't have the GUI lag issues that plagued MV for a while. That was annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
printersoftware