xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this was the perfect way for them to release this information to us, I have been absolutely glued to this thread every possible free moment. Not just in search of any possible new information about MZ, but also in search of opinions, speculation, humor, hopes as well as off-topic interactions. Nearly everyone in this community is here to have fun and create something and clearly we don't even need RPG Maker to do that.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is called "aspect ratio", when you are talking about 4:3 or 16:9. Resolution is when you talk about 720p, 1080p, or 1366x768, to give you some examples.

As for the RAM... it looks like HTML5 is as well optimized as I remember (Sarcasm Mode ON)...
Yeah I was just referring to the fact that the resolution's aspect ratio is 4:3, I know what the difference is lol.

Honestly, I have no idea what it is called MZ. Somehow I just forgot to ever ask.
It's just MV but Z comes after V so it's better ;)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyway, my predictions are, based on the DLC, that part of why the RTP is bigger this time is because they've added a new theme, specifically Japanese themed RTP alongside the already existing Medieval Fantasy and Sci Fi from MV. This is mainly because of the amount of Japanese themed DLC they've released for MV. Hopefully the RTP will still be more "complete" than MV's was, with fewer things missing and a good number of monsters available.

The other thing I'm predicting is that they'll have the ability to use custom assets for weapons in Side-view without scripts, this is based on them having two custom side-view weapons packs released for MV. Probably Voice Acting from Trinity will also be in due to the number of voice acting packs they've also released as DLC.

Last edited:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have some criticism.

I understand many things are intentionally kept hidden on purpose, but why not show some better quality world maps in the screenshots of the store page and on Steam?
I know it's probably intentional to keep also the RTP under wrap, but since the world map tiles are already shown, why not use them in their full glory and make appealing screenshots at least?
These maps look like they have been made in...5 minutes? Dunno.

Unless I'm missing something here and it's all part of the joke, and so next Thursday everything will completely change (in that case I will be really wowed). :rswt

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wilfred(the hero), Ophelia, Wilma. Also MV will feature a 3 person party by default instead of 4

it actually is rather mindboggling to me that the resolution is firmly planted at 4:3, though, in 2020. Neither mobiles nor desktops, nor even possible consoles the engine may be able to export, use that resolution.

I mean it's really not hard to change the screen resolution at all, and it never has been since XP. It's just weird. And kind of a shame because it means the default UI will be designed with 4:3 in mind (again...) and won't look quite as nice in 16:9.
I don't think this is bad at all. I don't find widescreen adding much at all on traditional RPG's, since the important action happens near the centre of the screen anyway, unlike 3D or action games where having more visibility actually improves player experience. And with how easily RPG Maker games seem to be lagging, going for the 4:3 ratio seems okay.
Also helps preserve keeping that traditional feel of old school RPG's.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People have deduced that the new sprites will probably be tall. Made a little mockup based on one of the screenshots, it seems like that's probably the case. as.png

For those who didn't see the other new features I posted earlier: Sem Título-1.png

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Uh ... release a new RPG Maker without plugins, everyone complains because it'll be 6 months before we have any decent plugins for it so it's not worth migrating to.

Give some programmers early access so they can make plugins, so they're there when the new RPG Maker is released, and people complain about that.

Do you want early plugins or do you want to have to wait for them? You can't have it both ways.

I had early access to MV. That's why it was released with a converter. There were heaps of plugins available on MV release. Would you rather not have that?
Give me the program and I will do it for myself, another incentive for people to learn to program and not depend on others. Another point that I like to emphasize is that, today, creating content is something profitable and potentially competitive. Whoever had early access leaves with a big advantage.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'Get ready to be wowed' will always be the meme of this community, you may remove it from the steam page but we will always remember it.
Reminds me of the "Wow check this outtt! Pixel art is awesome!" from the RPG maker VX trailer haha xD

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I can't believe the next RPG Maker is almost here. I still haven't finished even one project. I started with RPG Maker 1 on the PS1, got both the PS2 makers. And XP through MV. On one hand, I feel like I made a mistake, but on the other hand, I've had a lot of fun with it even though I've never finished a project. I'm not going to say something like "MZ will be different!", but I know I'll have fun with it regardless.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same.. I might get the trial version and see its worth.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoever had early access leaves with a big advantage
Whoever had early access will be busy writing plugins to ship with the engine.

What's so bad about waiting? I'd rather wait for art to be made, than get it early and have to make my own. I'd rather wait for audio to be made, than get it early and have to make my own. Not everyone wants to make their own plugins.

Last edited:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plus, RPG Maker is still aimed at casual, amateur developers. The more free plug-ins available to hobbyists at launch, the better. If the devs cater only to the more hardcore crowd, they risk alienating those who don't want to become programmers, who don't want to sell their games, but who just want to have fun and make something they think is cool for themselves and their mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tranphong