mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kneeshaw While it hasn’t been confirmed, it’s been hinted at.

Cyberhawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man. This is a lot to read. Deff hoping the next announcement is on a seperate thread. It's kinda crazy how long it takes to read 10+ pages of post to find any new info out.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It is high time. MV from the very beginning was a failed experiment in too many ways.
Was it?

VX Ace to MV had export to mobile and the switch to Javascript. Two big steps and the start was rough, but I would argue that it paid off. The mobile games market is the biggest one and it is still growing.

And even if we take the argument that RPG Maker is mainly for amateur hobby game makers it is still a big thing that their friends can now play the game they made for them on a smartphone!

We can talk about the messed up porting option of MV and all the bugs that it had at the start...but let's not forget how important such a feature is for a game engine. Especially when you think about how the market is changing.

I had great success with MV, I still like it and I never understood the hate it got. Maybe it is because the only other Maker I used before was VX Ace. That is also why I do not understand how people get crazy hyped for the multilayer option.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am amused by people complaining : oh well some have more advantage in the plugin community by having access to the engine early.

No not having access to the engine early doesnt stop you from writting plugins.

The proof i already wrote a plugin that can work both in MV and MZ. All it rest for me is to know what changed from mv to mz then i am settle to release a plugin (which would only take a week or 2 two to adjust and test after the release)

if you are a decent programmer you will know to work logic seperated from the base code. its call working with modularity/ standalone

If you scared of being "outshinned" because you didnt had access to the engine early then you doing wrong and not working enough strongly

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With a repetitive description in the store page and information given as with a dropper I am sceptic.

However I like the possibility to make maps like in XP but without more info it seems not to be something that can make people wowing.

Anyway I think that my computer will not be able to run it.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Despite all the usual ups, downs, doubts, complaints and stuff...I have to admit one thing.
I'm excited to put my hands on this new and hopefully improved (I have faith) engine, and also see what will the community make with it eventually.
I also hope the sample games will be good, I always liked to try them because they give a rough general idea of what you can do with the program.
It's also nice to see some old and familiar faces returning with this release.
Some might not be wowed by the release but for me it's like a breath of fresh air, after 5 years MV was starting to feel stagnant.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm still debating whether I'm going to get the new engine. I'm pretty happy with Ace, and even the port in MV didn't really sway me, so it'll probably take a lot for me to fork over the cash.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No new info since last time it seems..

I have to pop in and write something today too though, if nothing else then just as a bookmark since this thread keeps growing like crazy!

Last edited:

JetX7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope the engine is improved enough so a scrub like me will be able to use it. I've had VX ACE, MV, and a bunch of other add-ons but haven't created anything significant. I'm pretty sure I just can't wrap my head around the shear amount of plugins that are available.

I hope there is an improved sprite generator and more uniformity in the art. It kills me not having similar styles through out the game like the difference between static enemies and side view battlers.

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hmmm. If it releases this summer it will be right in time with the end of my studies. I might try porting some of my plugins if I have the time.
I'm excited about the new mapping, and can't wait to see what other new features are coming!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oops! Thanks haha

Here they are:
Character size prediction:
as.png

More interesting stuff I had posted before but might be interested for anyone that didn't see it:
Sem Título-1.png

Apart from the layers and event list that most people already know I found it really interesting that they seem to have changed the way that windowskins work as well as an HD resolution. Measured it out of the screenshots, seems to be about that size. (1020x780)
I don't think that icon is an event list. it lines up perfectly with where the general event button is in MV..

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind I was looking at it wrong. I thought that list area on the left was just a blank tileset. I see it now.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I would remind people that all the money from the Yanfly plugin sales has gone into a pool to be used to pay coders to create something similar/update the Yanfly plugins to the newest maker when it released.

It isn't a Degica project so it isn't part of our announces clearly, but it is something to keep in mind.
Heya,
I just saw on RPG MAKER PORTAL Discord server this statement which seems to contradict what you just said. Can you give some us some clarification?

Does it mean coders have been already hired (from your statement) but they can't work to adapt for MZ Yanfly library because they don't have access tou Mz? (from Archeia statement).

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya,
I just saw on RPG MAKER PORTAL Discord server this statement which seems to contradict what you just said. Can you give some us some clarification?

Does it mean coders have been already hired (from your statement) but they can't work to adapt for MZ Yanfly library because they don't have access tou Mz? (from Archeia statement).
My point is that just because Yanfly was gone doesn't mean that Yanfly's legacy won't exist in MZ.

It may take a little time to get all that kind of stuff out, but the "but no Yanfly" thing was what I was addressing.

Also as was pointed out, the reason that some people were given early access was beta testing. So some people do have early access, but it wasn't for the reason of creating plugins.

Last edited:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*sighs*
So much confusion...

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, even though I'm an artist first, I did learn C++ programming through Full Sail, so I don't have problems with doing my own programming for any RPG Maker program as Ruby and Javascript tend to be similar to C++ in some cases. In other words, I'm OK with doing my own plugins, depending on what I'm looking for. That's why I'm prepared to do the XP Battle System plugin in case MZ doesn't have that battle system.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know, I personally think that the new rpgmaker should have in addition to a standard make your first rpg style tutorial, it should have a tutorial for making basic plugins in what ever language it uses so that more newbies get into making them as well as a quick way to get more experienced makers acquainted with the new one's structure.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oops! Thanks haha

Here they are:
Character size prediction:
as.png
I don't think so. Compare it to MV's:
1592081990467.png
They end at similar places. It could still go either way but I doubt it.
In comparison, XP's are a lot more zoomed in:
1592082147543.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, a good engine shouldn’t need plug-ins from the very beginning to be suitable for creating games.
Don't confuse need with want. MV was, and MZ will be suitable for creating games from the very beginning, without plugins. Any plugins that were released with MV or will be released with MZ are just add-ons that are not needed to create a game, but may provide some functionality that some people might want.

The quote from Archiea above, and Touchfuzzy's response also clear things up a bit - no plugin developers from the English community have early access to the engine, and plugin developers from the JP community who have early access have it for beta testing, not plugin development. Hope I understood that correctly.

Man. This is a lot to read. Deff hoping the next announcement is on a seperate thread.
You can go to Advanced Search and search for any posts by Touchfuzzy "in this thread" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!
Am I the only one who keeps thinking TPBS means "Turn Press Battle System" and not "Time Progress Battle System?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justindizon