A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you, I just found the leaked pictures. Cool new features. I'll buy it just for the new features and I have the money for it :D

Vanilla Cheesecake

Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel guilty looking at them but I really had to see what the deal was. If they're real, then wow. Consider me hooked.

A plugin window for plugin commands so that I don't have to keep trying to remember the syntax for 10915015 plugins? It's almost too good to be true...

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't seen those images, but I strongly doubt they're real. Most likely a troll photoshopped them.

Kadokawa keeps a very tight control of the released data, and I really doubt that anyone would risk their job for leaking pictures. And no, I don't believe that Kadokawa would go intentionally leak pictures as that would go against what we have seen so far from the way the official campaign is handled.

and the community mentioned - whereever that name came up in the past here or elsewhere on the internet where I was looking, it was called with bad names and that it is a poisoned community, exactly where I would suspect trolls to post faked screenshots.
4chan is a cesspool, yes. Has been for almost twenty years lol. But a ton of legit tech/video game stuff has been leaked there in the past. I've seen the MZ screenshots, and if they're fake, they are incredibly well done. I'd wager there's about a 80% chance that they're the real deal. Though I can't say how they were leaked.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
4chan is a cesspool, yes. Has been for almost twenty years lol. But a ton of legit tech/video game stuff has been leaked there in the past. I've seen the MZ screenshots, and if they're fake, they are incredibly well done. I'd wager there's about a 80% chance that they're the real deal. Though I can't say how they were leaked.
Yeah, that thread was nothing less than a toxic dump, but I too wonder just how those images got out if they're the read deal.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
The text under the pics is arabic.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I bit the bullet and looked for these mysterious images to confirm it, and yes, those are obviously faked. LOL

The person with the "leak" is just a troll.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I bit the bullet and looked for these mysterious images to confirm it, and yes, those are obviously faked. LOL

The person with the "leak" is just a troll.
How do you know for sure? I'd love a true confirmation on them.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you know for sure? I'd love a true confirmation on them.
They're sloppy with their photoshopping, in general. And they use a lot of MV stuff as a base (like for sprites and battlers). Things like trying to sneak in bases from 3D/live2D models to try and pass as portraits and frankenspriting. Things not resized properly and taken from different sources. Just weirdly rough graphics in a lot of places.

Most importantly, they're not showing anything that anyone with some time and photoshop can't do for a laugh.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
They're sloppy with their photoshopping, in general. And they use a lot of MV stuff as a base (like for sprites and battlers). Things like trying to sneak in bases from 3D/live2D models to try and pass as portraits and frankenspriting. Things not resized properly and taken from different sources. Just weirdly rough graphics in a lot of places.

Most importantly, they're not showing anything that anyone with some time and photoshop can't do for a laugh.
Or maybe graphics wise there just isn't a big difference between MV and MZ?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or maybe graphics wise there just isn't a big difference between MV and MZ?
Even the character they use on the steam page is in a completely different style. Y'all. Did you even look at those sloppily-edited messes of icons?? It's a troll. Please.

Benku

Mecha King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
< - SNIP - > i dont know if this is legit but I think some one might look into this

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's all the images I saw in that 4-Chan thread.

Benku

Mecha King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah im pretty sure im going to get ban clearly trying to inform people I'm pretty sure its fake anyway just letting people know is all.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Even the character they use on the steam page is in a completely different style. Y'all. Did you even look at those sloppily-edited messes of icons?? It's a troll. Please.

Oh the irony if those "sloppily-editted messes of icons" are actually real. Well guess we'll see soon enough. Mods will have to say something I suppose now that this is out there.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm torn. My excitement makes me want to believe they're real, but now I'm doubting them. I'm just gonna go and continue work on my game and wait for Thursday. xD

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The art assets may be fake, or maybe they have something different for beta test versions so the "leaked" image cant represent final version art assets. It's not uncommon to beta test a software with temporary art assets. I wouldn't be surprised if final version ends up having different art assets.

But plugin UI and layering feature seems to match what we already know. They did say that they are changing how plugin works and we already know there will be new layering function from official screen shots.

I'm torn. My excitement makes me want to believe they're real, but now I'm doubting them. I'm just gonna go and continue work on my game and wait for Thursday. xD
I think its entirely possible that the art assets are temporary (or fake). Doesn't mean the new features in the images are fake too. We will see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys
Working on some bosses for my game-
His tracks are always so wonderful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meowthsa