K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The offset function of the character creator made me shiver with delight...though I'm also glad for fakes if it means a possibility of an easy import feature button and face toggle.

I didn't even realize the sprite is different! It's using the face on that old man from the steam screenshots! I didn't even notice there was a new sprite/face. I'm guessing the protagonist has sharp, wide Law of Ueki eyes. Please be fake...face toggle...please be fake...no chibi SV battlers...

Another reason to hope for fakeness...the enemy battler art are soooooooo inconsistent lmfao. having a bunch of different artists on regular cast inserts?

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a novel idea. We aren't going to get anything official until Thursday so why don't we...go work on our games until then?

I know, radical, right? I'll see myself out now.
I'm actually back to work on my game. I'm just here to hang out until each Thursday we get something.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a novel idea. We aren't going to get anything official until Thursday so why don't we...go work on our games until then?

I know, radical, right? I'll see myself out now.
I'm imprisoned here. My project has been to remake all of MV's RTP completely from scratch... but I'll also have to play matchies with MZ's "more RTP than ever" claim now, so I can't do an entire third of the work until I see at least 1 actor faceset :(

4 days......................praying

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Too lazy to look up the leaks. A bit curious, but too lazy. Also, don’t really wanna go on 4chan and search around during work. Might step into a minefield.. :kaophew:

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To all the people skeptical about the leaks because of the assets, it has already been pointed out that they could very well be placeholders.

But yes, not much else we can do now but wait. I have a feeling much of what was leaked will be confirmed in a few days.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
The fact that MV plugins won't be compatible with the new engine, though not unexpected, makes purchasing MZ a tough call. Not only does the new engine have to outdo MV --- it has to outdo MV tricked out with Yanfly's plugins. Going to wait and see before jumping in this time, I think.
Plugins are surface level functionality. You shouldn't upgrade for them, but for an updated framework. If that has no appeal to you, then I definitely recommend sticking to MV, a least until MZ proves itself to have comparable surface functionality.

edit: also, I've never heard of RPG Maker having placeholder assets before, AND I really think that iconset is sketchy. But we'll see

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah the iconset is hideous, I hope that's not final but if my custom iconset for MV works then no big deal I guess. I don't think it's fake, going 75 not 25 fake but if we don't hear from Fuzzy calling them fake in the next day or so then I'll really think they're not fake.

Let's just stop that crazy talk right now, okay?
Right, everyone knows that the vast majority of users "play" RPG Maker just to play with RPG Maker, we don't use it to actually make games. What are some of you thinking!

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit: also, I've never heard of RPG Maker having placeholder assets before, AND I really think that iconset is sketchy. But we'll see
It's not uncommon in development that you use placeholder things until you get the real thing, specially if different teams (like software department and art department) work their own schedules. If what you need to code doesn't require to have the finish art product, just the version that has the right measures, that lets you move forward with coding and bug fixing. It may also help art department in knowing issues that must be solved because of limitations or that simply didn't fit the original design.

It took me quite a while but I did find the leaked images....Oh Boy! If at least 80% of that is really part of the final release, I'm sure getting it first day and move my programing projects to MZ given that most of the things that hold me back is the art for my games and I'm very slow to build my art to the point of what I like. I don't care if I have to rewrite code or code from scratch (I basically do that in my free time and my job when I don't like the final version anyway), I'll get it and move forward.

It's wowing me now and I'm getting exited...and trust me, I rarelly get exited about something.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I dunno how much of those "leaks" are real.. but it's rather interesting.. to say the least.
Hypothetically speaking.. if that one image for the maps is real.. and there's a dropdown menu for the layers (like i thought it'd be) i wonder if there's gonna be shortcut keys for each layer?
None of those leaks show the tileset section in the database.. so you'd think if the leaks were real, they'd go all out, and they didn't.. they only showed a few things.
So, i'm still inclined to wait and see what's officially stated in the coming weeks than to rely on some random uploaded images.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
It's not uncommon in development that you use placeholder things until you get the real thing, specially if different teams (like software department and art department) work their own schedules. If what you need to code doesn't require to have the finish art product, just the version that has the right measures, that lets you move forward with coding and bug fixing. It may also help art department in knowing issues that must be solved because of limitations or that simply didn't fit the original design.
Oh, I'm definitely aware of that! It's not at all unplausible. It's just that there's no precedent on RPG Maker afaik? Or at least I've never heard of any "proto rtp" in the 10+ years i've been around

Or rather: If previous RPG Makers had placeholder assets / pre-release builds with different assets, I would KILL to get my hands on that forgotten piece of history. :ywink:

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not like the assets in those "leaked" photos were bad, just kinda all over the place with no consistency which then made them...irksome...

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I'm definitely aware of that! It's not at all unplausible. It's just that there's no precedent on RPG Maker afaik? Or at least I've never heard of any "proto rtp" in the 10+ years i've been around

Or rather: If previous RPG Makers had placeholder assets / pre-release builds with different assets, I would KILL to get my hands on that forgotten piece of history. :ywink:
I remember when RPG Maker XP was announced so many years ago, the first leaked screen shots had some sort of first version of the RTP characters. The final release basically had the RTP like the leaked versions, but with slight variations, like color hue or fixed pixels that didn't make sense. So I have to guess that, specially for the character creation parts, they must actually have a prototype version and then they just fix the final release of the RTP. Also If I remember correctly, even in MV they latter released fixed versions of RTP characters or characters that were not part of the release.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not uncommon in development that you use placeholder things until you get the real thing, specially if different teams (like software department and art department) work their own schedules.
Why on earth would people use fully rendered unique assets only to bin them so late into development lol? Had too much money and wanted to throw some out? Placeholders are usually roughs or very quickly done versions of what will be the final product. While they might not reflect the final level of polish, they would more or less indicate the end result.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why on earth would people use fully rendered unique assets only to bin them so late into development lol? Had too much money and wanted to throw some out? Placeholders are usually roughs or very quickly done versions of what will be the final product. While they might not reflect the final level of polish, they would more or less indicate the end result.
Trust me, I've been witness to much more idiotic decisions by higher ups in 10 years of professional software development. Colleagues with much more experience have seen even dumber decisions.

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why on earth would people use fully rendered unique assets only to bin them so late into development lol?
This is not uncommon in bigger studios with more money to spend. Since they have extra man power to create art assets just to try the look and feel in a prototype, then they may ditch the assets created entirely if they dont work well.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope that people getting wowed on potentialy fake leaks are ready to get very unwowed next thursday. :LZSwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aboyhazard