Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope that people getting wowed on potentialy fake leaks are ready to get very unwowed next thursday. :LZSwink:
Pretty much, I'm mostly convinced they are real but I wouldn't be upset either if there's even better features than what was leaked, especially that iconset. If it is a real leak then some of those features are pretty cool but nothing ground breaking. Kind of hope they are fake tbh.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope that people getting wowed on potentialy fake leaks are ready to get very unwowed next thursday. :LZSwink:
Hahah, I hope not, the things in the "leaked" images were just things people asked, they aren't like a huge upgrade or revolution, I'm okay with that. Now if they can't even deliver something close to what was leaked, I would be very upset with the engine itself. Not saying you are wrong, its very possible, I just hope I don't get unwowed XD.

Why on earth would people use fully rendered unique assets only to bin them so late into development lol? Had too much money and wanted to throw some out?
Nah its very possible, the larger the product the better prototypes usually, also a lot of prototypes are just a rough part of the full product, then they revise it, so there is a big chance to have those assets (If the leak is real), with correction on the pixels, colors, saturation, more details..

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, yes, I'm still taking them with a grain of salt, but, if only 60 to 80% of it actually ends up being part of the final release, I will gladly buy it. I'll oficially be wowed once all features are oficially being unveiled, but in the mean time I'm just getting excited...a little excited, just enough.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not uncommon in development that you use placeholder things until you get the real thing, specially if different teams (like software department and art department) work their own schedules. If what you need to code doesn't require to have the finish art product, just the version that has the right measures, that lets you move forward with coding and bug fixing. It may also help art department in knowing issues that must be solved because of limitations or that simply didn't fit the original design.
For early development, perhaps. But not for beta testing. Also, if the MV and MZ resources are compatible, they'd really just use the MV resources as placeholders if necessary, rather than creating new stuff just to throw away.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just saw the "leaks" myself. If they're fake, whoever made them sure spent a lot of time and effort. I'd love to know where these assets are from as I've never seen them before:

1. The red/blue/green treasure chests tiles set as events in screenshot 2.
2. The female character set as an event in screenshot 2. (Note that the eyes of the character matches pixel-perfectly with the dude in the English screenshot that Touchfuzzy made on Steam)
3. All the castle/town tiles to the left of screenshot 3.
4. All the icons in screenshot 7.
5. The enemy sprite (half covered up) in screenshot 9.
6. The forest battle background in screenshot 9/14/15.
7. All the enemy battlers in screenshot 14/15.
8. All the costumes that the player characters are wearing. Also note the design of the upper-right enemy (with the sword) is identical to the design of the 2nd party member.
9. The airship(?) chip on the left of screenshot 16.
10. The face variations, clothing, and the bottom left/center "lying down" map sprites in screenshot 17/18/19. Note that the female's clothing are different from the male's, and also the eyes again match pixel-perfectly to the character we see in the Steam (official) screenshot.

If nobody can find these assets AND they turn out to be fake, that'd be great because I've just found someone I'd love to commission.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it directly linked to me so took a look at those leaks everyone is talking about. Looks pretty real to me, but yeah, could be fake. But I’m leaning towards they being real until an official source says they’re fake (cause I doubt they’d want to lie and later be called out on it).

In short, Everything shown in those ~20 leaked images looks like good improvements except that dreadful, ugly and straight up confusing iconset.
Like really, rainbow gradients on icons? Weapons having blue background and armors red? What!? :LZYhuh::LZYhuh:

Buy yeah. I’d still use @Caz remade icons for MV anyway so it would only be a lost opportunity to get more nice icons, no real tragedy.

Also read something about some actors not having Sv battlers, of correct than that would be a another negative I guess.

But oh well, I feel like we shouldn’t discuss (possibly) leaked information too much on the official forums? No?

Overall though, if true, i’d be mostly happy about what was shown. It since I’ve already decided to buy the new RM on day one there’s really no need to “wow” me. KADOKAWA Haida me at “New RPG Maker announced!” I’m already invested! :LZYpraise:

@hadecynn
Exactly my thought. It looks a bit too elaborate for a fake leak. Still possible ofc, but if so, that would’ve been made by a photoshop-wizard level 99.

ZainWD

i sing for u
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, the battlers look really suspicious. Has anyone been able to find a source for any of the assets shown in it?

This may also be on my end only, but the steam screenshots seem to be slightly compressed, but the leaks seem to have all the assets shown off already but in perfect quality. Furthermore, it has the "full size" version of the icon in the about window, which I haven't seen anywhere else except extremely downscaled in the corner of the Steam screenshots.

With that said, it's important to remember that these are leaks at the end of the day. I myself would like a number of these features, but if they're not real, maybe they'll wow us some other way.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
TBH if the leaks turn out to be true I feel sorry for the Degica/RPGMakerWeb team because having the announcement schedule burst up like that must be really demotivating. Also I don't feel like a lot of people have got their hands on beta versions of MZ so whoever did this was, uh, an @, and will probably not be so hard to trace lol.

I really don't know how to feel about this thing. Well to be honest I don't really want to feel anything at all i just want it to release tomorrow

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This new tile system as is been hinted looks like the best of both worlds. XP and MV.

But If I could ever only choose one new feature that would be for no more random encounters. A built-in enemies visible on the map encounter system.

Which would lead to my second wish which is character sprites for all enemies on RTP.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TBH if the leaks turn out to be true I feel sorry for the Degica/RPGMakerWeb team because having the announcement schedule burst up like that must be really demotivating. Also I don't feel like a lot of people have got their hands on beta versions of MZ so whoever did this was, uh, an @, and will probably not be so hard to trace lol.

I really don't know how to feel about this thing. Well to be honest I don't really want to feel anything at all i just want it to release tomorrow
It seems like they didn't have a lot of advance preparation for the announcement (if they had, they'd have already made English translations in advance), so I doubt the whole thing is meticulously scheduled.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If the leaks are true, then perhaps the alternate battle modes (possibly including CTB) would be much easier to work with plugin-wise.

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My split personality has two opinions on this 'leak'.

1) It could be a secret marketing strategy, where they selectively leak screenshots that give us some juicy detail, but nothing fulfilling and overwhelmingly exciting. It would be an interesting strategy.

2) It could be a good graphics manipulator having a laugh. I'm confident if I spent a day or two, I could make some pretty exciting and completely fake 'leak' screenshots. So I'm taking these with a mouthful of salt.

Speaking of... I need some water. :rsad:

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So according to Archeia's faq MV plugins won't work? Darn that's not good.

So far, MZ engine isn't that appealing to me. Maybe if there's a big sale then maybe. But I don't think I will pay full price for it because it doesn't seem to be significantly better than MV.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guys, I just have to ask cause this one is blowing my mind every time it is brought up: How in the world would a new engine support old plugins?

Like... the only way to do that is to literally just release the same engine. Any updates to ANYTHING can break plugins. Even updates to MV could break plugins.

I don't like to belittle people's opinions, but compatibility with MV plugins is the most unrealistic expectation I can think of.

Cyberhawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hit the nail right on the head with that one lol.

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Based on the leaks, I will say I will get MZ because of the character generator. Finally they "hired" a better artist for the job and now it looks more like a anime character face rather than the HORRIBLE MV character face (yes I had to download the anime-style face to replace my MV character face).
I will surely buy more character generator DLC because of this.
I really hope that someone will do yanfly mv script conversion.(especially the action sequence script).

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
after reading Archeia's FAQ, Im a little disapointed about the "some assets might need tweeking" bit, cuz to me that seems to to imply that theres no tile size adjustment function.... :( sigh. But, I'll hold out.... maybe yall did something just as good? I just want to be able to use my 16x16 assets without it breaking/clashing with the menues.

Xane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
All this talk about being wowed... This is all I can think of now...
455wni.jpg

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
according to Archeia's faq
after reading Archeia's FAQ
What "Archeia's FAQ"? What other website do I need to be keeping up with?

edit: nvm - found it via search. Didn't jump out at me in the 'latest threads' section.

MZ's backend code has changed a lot to provide better performance and new features that some plugin developers will definitely appreciate.
Very much looking forward to seeing this!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just happened to see it in the New Threads a few hours ago, so now I always have the tab up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.
An actual dwarf with an actual axe is not so fascinating as the fantasy counterpart...
I'm so back and forth on pre-ording MZ. I can totally wait for a better deal down the road (since I don't need the extras and waiting to see how YEP plugins turn out) but there's something about the fun in playing with "a new toy".
:rheh:
Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frostybox