A Nivlacart of Art! dump

Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
These are great! I love all these drawings and stuff on the forums everyone is so good! Great job on these! :D

Nivlacart

Glue my hand to the tablet pen.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Z75Lecql.jpg

Testing out the Slime Girl in RPG Maker.

Maybe she should be tinier...? Hmm...

Last edited:

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmmm i don't know if it should be tinier, but i think it is fit enough and look really good with that background!

Last edited by a moderator:

Adellie

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
(mm i adore those hole punchers.  :wub: )

the slime girl looks the right size to me.

Nivlacart

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MOG Graphics Pack - VX Ace Monster Girls by Nivlacart
10154385_865122400194914_8718287194317431525_n.jpg

10256544_865122403528247_9007933952858653621_n.jpg

10857744_870576412982846_8090829909908486376_n.jpg

1012971_870576416316179_2801023655344140218_n.jpg

kOqy6lvl.jpg

Monster Girl pack is finally done!
Admittedly some of them survived the transition down to RPG Maker window size better than others.
I really did want to make busts for all of them, but their poses didn't allow it... so the only busts in the pack are the Slime girls.

If I hadn't been distracted by Pokemon maybe I could've done more :'(

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are these available for others to use?  If so, you need to post those in a resource thread.  They turned out really awesome.

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Woah those O_O are really INCREDIBLE!!!

*sigh* wish i can do faceset like that too.......

Nivlacart

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are these available for others to use?  If so, you need to post those in a resource thread.  They turned out really awesome.
Oh, I probably should. I made it for an event on RMN, but maybe I'll get to starting up my own resource thread and art shop soon, it sounds like fun XD

Thanks, Sharm and NH97!

Nivlacart

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
10420388_872204376153383_6651235346703781511_n.jpg

I have an assignment to come up with a game idea with no limits.

Drew my classmate to use as a sample character in a mock game screenshot.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
meh I love your art : > ! 

sadly I can't see all your draw due my internet who lack 

but yep I love your art and I even want you to doing a trade with you xD 

I have plenty of OC and one of my favorite is in my resources thread named "Leandre" I will be curious to see my character in your style!

Nivlacart

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
10862599_872390049468149_4434797241942012706_o.jpg

Trying out CLIPSTUDIO. It's on sale!!

It feels really strange, because it's kind of like a mix of Photoshop and SAI, yet feels so different, I'm having a little trouble getting used to it.

@nio kasgami: Thanks, nio! I suppose I can art trade with you, but at this time of year, especially with Christmas coming near, I might take really long before I can get working on it. I hope you don't mind!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no worry with that haha ! I am patient 

and damn clips studio is on sale when I don't have the money I project to buy it though because the manga software is really awesome°

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Nivlacart

Whoaaaaa! Very awesome! Your art remind me of old Tale series honestly. It look like a very pro job (in JRPG industry)! I really like it! And if you don't mind, can i ask you a color process for this?  :D   :D   :D

Nivlacart

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NH97:

Hahahahaha! Thanks, man! Just 3 days ago some guys from Bandai Namco visited my school, including the producer Hideo Baba and the Art Director of Tales of Vesperia, Minoru Iwamoto.

Iwamoto talked about his practice and journey up to become an artist, and then an art director for Tales.

After the talk I was pretty inspired, so I thought to try a design similar to the Tales style. An attempt, anyway XD

The color process... I think it went something like...

Sketch > Lineart > Base Color >

A layer for light shadows, so I can kind of mark out the shadows and figure out my lighting on the fly >

A layer where I put in some darker shadows to get it accurate...r >

A layer where I... fixed all the parts where the shadows crossed the lines >

Overlay layer to get that orangey mood >

Another layer where I blended the overlayed shadows here and there >

Screen layer to get them highlights >

Color Burn layer for the last bit of shadow to add a small touch of contrast here and there like the glove and shoulder.

Before, I used to go with a Lineart > Base Color > Multiply > Screen > Overlay (sometimes Linear Dodge and Color Burn) method but recently I've been trying out blending a lot to replace my Multiply layers because you get a lot more... textured shadows and nicer colors. It's kind of the reason why the Vampire Bat monster Girl and the Plant monster girl look so different XDDD

@nio kasgami: It's only US$15 now, you should totally get it!

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@NH97:

Hahahahaha! Thanks, man! Just 3 days ago some guys from Bandai Namco visited my school, including the producer Hideo Baba and the Art Director of Tales of Vesperia, Minoru Iwamoto.

Iwamoto talked about his practice and journey up to become an artist, and then an art director for Tales.

After the talk I was pretty inspired, so I thought to try a design similar to the Tales style. An attempt, anyway XD

The color process... I think it went something like...

Sketch > Lineart > Base Color >

A layer for light shadows, so I can kind of mark out the shadows and figure out my lighting on the fly >

A layer where I put in some darker shadows to get it accurate...r >

A layer where I... fixed all the parts where the shadows crossed the lines >

Overlay layer to get that orangey mood >

Another layer where I blended the overlayed shadows here and there >

Screen layer to get them highlights >

Color Burn layer for the last bit of shadow to add a small touch of contrast here and there like the glove and shoulder.

Before, I used to go with a Lineart > Base Color > Multiply > Screen > Overlay (sometimes Linear Dodge and Color Burn) method but recently I've been trying out blending a lot to replace my Multiply layers because you get a lot more... textured shadows and nicer colors. It's kind of the reason why the Vampire Bat monster Girl and the Plant monster girl look so different XDDD

@nio kasgami: It's only US$15 now, you should totally get it!
Wooow!! So awesome!! Must be lucky to be you!! >.< Wish ill be able to meet them too! xD

Ahhh, i thought you start with full orange base colour ._." and put the shading there then put the overlay layer to change the color.....haha

Why did you use multiply layer? Isn't much more easier if you put the upper layer with clipping? Im really intrigued with this methoddd xD Teach meee

Nivlacart

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wooow!! So awesome!! Must be lucky to be you!! >.< Wish ill be able to meet them too! xD

Ahhh, i thought you start with full orange base colour ._." and put the shading there then put the overlay layer to change the color.....haha

Why did you use multiply layer? Isn't much more easier if you put the upper layer with clipping? Im really intrigued with this methoddd xD Teach meee
It's a habit from when I first started, I guess. I didn't know anything about lighting then, so the only concern was getting the characters' colors right and the shadows of the clothes and whatnot. Eventually I learned how to create lighting and mood, and it was just kind of tacked on on top of the method I already use by using Overlay and Screen layers.

I never really did use clipping, I never got to figure out how to use Masks until recently too, and now I just can't be bothered HAHAHAHA XD

I feel like I can draw faster if I don't care about going over the lines and just scribble over everything and fix it later. Undoubtedly clipping masks might help in that, except all my base colors often are all on one layer because I'm lazy, so in the end it probably wouldn't help much at all.

I'm not neat ._. 

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeahhhhh, i am super really agreed with "one layer rule" honestly xD It really make the work much much more easier. Though we will definitely gonna avoiding a lot of other feature of the program by doing that >_>" But who cares!? We're the one who create it!!! So what if we are lazy!!! YEAHHHHH!!

Sorry, i let out my passion there ._." Anyway thanks for the tips! I think i might be able to learn something from this! xDDD

Nivlacart

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
10849976_872676446106176_8544121132739975611_n.jpg

Doodled an Engineer or some sort to warm up.

I'm planning to open an art shop or something soon, so I'm trying to get myself used to drawing a lot and drawing quick.

@NH97: Hahahaha! Hear hear! No problem, bruh XD I'm glad to be of help!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Whew, just finished a whirlwind of deadlines. Finally a tiny break. You know...I should go update my 2020 banner now.
image_2021-06-16_153010.png

Why are barrels to difficult? xD I feel like i Barrel...y made it....eh EHHH!? :p
Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lassmuoo