RMMZ A plug-in that could change how event sprites are layered?

jjraymonds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

I am working with some larger sprites in my game as a way to render objects like furniture that the player can walk in front of, and behind. When I create an event on the map, I give it the priority "Same as Characters", that way when the player is standing in front of the event, the player character is rendered on top of the event sprite, and if they walk behind the event- they are rendered under it.

The only problem is when a player stands next to the event (anywhere on the same X plane) the event is rendered above the player, as if they were standing behind it.

Would it be possible to make a plug-in that makes it so when the player stands next to the event, it is rendered above the event sprite, and it wouldn't be rendered underneath until it is behind the event?

If I need to make some pictures to help explain what I mean I can certainly make some. :cutesmile:

Thanks in advance!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRCMuller