RMMZ A plugin to allow for multiple skills in the same turn for an actor?

SoCalAshez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Good Day!
So I found a plugin for MV that will allow multicasting by selecting that skill which allows you to pick 2 other skills to be cast in the same round: https://dingk.itch.io/rmmv-multicast
However, I would like one of my actors to cast attack multiple times (could be any other skills like fireball, idk lol) and I don't want it to be rolled twice in the same animation. I.E. I want the characters turn to be: move up, swing, hit, move back, move up, swing, hit, move back (all same turn). Currently, having the "Attack Times+1" or "repeat" does: move up, swing, hit, hit, move back (same turn). Any advice or direction points, since I'm fail at google searching this forum has taught me, would be helpful.
Thank You!

Lostboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there,
You can probably do this without any plugins... Maybe.

Step 1: Create a skill, let's call it "Multitask" and attach a state "Multicast" with it.

• Skill "Multitask" parameters:
Speed : 0 (Instant)​
Add state "Multicast" 100%​

• State "Multicast" parameters:
Action Times + 100%​
Action Times + 100% (This let's the user input 1+2 commands, it's under the "Other" Tab)​
End on Action [up to you]​

Step 2: If you want the Multicast effect to activate instantly (nearly), find a plugin that allows control over actor's ATB. I am using VisuStella's Battle System ATB with the skill note tag
<ATB After Gauge: +100%>, which skips the charging sequence after the Multitask skill is used.

Step 2.5: Let's say you want the user to only be able to use a skill from the Magic type and not anything else, you could seal everything within the Multicast state... Just keep in mind that the player must have at least 1 ability they can use under any circumstance, otherwise the game could lock.

The drawback here is that if you Multicast a skill which requires MP or TP,
the engine doesn't check MP costs after the first command, so if you have 1/1 MP and try to cast a skill that costs 1 MP twice, it will only cast it once even though you can select it twice. This is out of the scope of my abilities.

But, there's your Multicast ability! ... Maybe.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you could use attack times + 100%
gives actor 100% chance of being able to select 2 actions.
(attack times % and attack times +# are 2 different things entirely)
but like lostboy said the 2nd skill might not work if no longer have enough MP/TP after the 1st skill

or you could find a MZ equivalent of something like yanfly instant cast skills.
with the right setup you could make it so actors get 1 instant skill during skill selection phase and 1 standard skill during combat phase each turn.

Last edited:

zelanius

Mechanics Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to add, if you have Visustella Battle Core for MZ, you can make the Multicast stat block Attack, Guard and Item command to ensure that it is only used with specific actions (so Multicast can't be used to do Attack twice, or Attack then Guard, for example).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sugma