EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure how difficult this is, but I wanted to ask first.

I use a plugin called MaterialGuard in my project. This plugin features a list of assets (images, etc.) which it forces the exporter to export, even if the "strip out unused stuff" option is enabled. It's handy for some assets which are used by plugins etc. that aren't used in the core game, some of which can't be simply put in an unused common event or similar.

I was wondering, would it be possible to do the opposite of this? An "ExcludeAssets" plugin?

This plugin would contain a list of assets, which could include tilesets or data files like maps - and when enabled, it makes sure that the exporter DOES strip out these items on-export.

The purpose of this is for a demo; I could set it up so that all the maps not featured in the demo would be stripped out at export. Previously for this kind of thing I've duplicated my project folder and manually stripped out the files, but it'd be great to automate this process.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't change the editor.
and while the editor has options to include additional content by javascript (options that should have been used by every plugin needing files), it does not have options to exclude content that is indeed used.

what is possible should be a plugin that deletes map files and their resources on first execution - then you export with the setting for the demo limit and run the game once to get the reduced demo.
don't know how easy or difficult it would be, but that way it could work.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't change the editor.
and while the editor has options to include additional content by javascript (options that should have been used by every plugin needing files), it does not have options to exclude content that is indeed used.

what is possible should be a plugin that deletes map files and their resources on first execution - then you export with the setting for the demo limit and run the game once to get the reduced demo.
don't know how easy or difficult it would be, but that way it could work.

Thanks! Yeah, that would be fine as a workaround, as you'd have the same end-result.

In retrospect though, this makes me think - I could probably write a Windows BAT file that does the same thing.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dragonfly3116 wrote on Redweaver's profile.
i need to ask do you mind sending me a link to tutorial town an legend of ancients Please My new Email is necroboy1973@gmail.com
I Am A Member On The Site Here As Well If Your Still teaching Let Me Know Thanks Joseph
Added store elements.
44JtdpE5n4jQMFkSi7pACW.png

2uqvqT3uCWxcXAhlyZokxg.png

The next step will be to start making props (including distillers).
I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachdev