A problem with my Intro

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by FinalHowl, Aug 6, 2014.

1. FinalHowl

FinalHowl Frozen Tyrant Member

First Language:
    English
    I dunno where else to post this... I have a question I'm hoping a wiser member may be able to help me. I'm not sure what order events execute in, and I'm trying to move an event and the player x amount of tiles in a specific direction, simultaneously. I'm just wondering what the easiest way to do this is, as the event is going to be killed in front of the invisible player, and they need to move across the battlefield to display the gore.

Is there an easy way to do this, because as of now I can only get one to work at a time for some reason.

If its not clear enough, let me know, and I will do my best to elaborate.

2. whitesphere

whitesphere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If you need events to execute in a particular sequence, you can have one Event execute Set Move Route, or Set Event Location on other events.  This will keep the other Events executing in a defined order.

So you might set the player's Transparent ON, then call Set Move Route on the "to be killed" event.  If the event will leave behind other "gore" events, you can use a series of Switches, turning each one on at each step.  Then set the gore events to show when their appropriate Switch is on.

For example, if you have gore 1, 2 and 3, you might then do this in Set Move Route:

Move up

Set Gore 1 Switch ON

Move up

Set Gore 2 Switch ON

Move up

Set Gore 3 Switch ON

The Gore events would only show if their appropriate Switch was ON.

Does this make sense?

3. FinalHowl

FinalHowl Frozen Tyrant Member

First Language:
    English
    It makes sense, and thank you for taking the time to even answer me. So, can I trigger simultaneous movement of events using this method, since most of the gore is already in place, I'm just trying to display it to the player, before the characters are killed.

That being said, there's quite a bit of moving of secondary and even trimary events, as well as combat graphics such as slashes, etc...

Using this method, it seems like I can execute pretty much everything I wanted to. However, would I make a separate event to parallel process screen color changes? The tint screen should be slowly transitioning from a dark red (to amplify the gore) to a lighter color and back again.

Edit: So, I finally tested it. Although it took a lot more work than expected, and a significant amount of tweaking, I have finished my intro. I would like to thank you very much, and hope that perhaps some day I might make it up to you.

This thread may be closed now, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014