Josephkhland

Extremely Hardfork
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So you can store game data - player's direction in a variable. In the description it says corresponds to the numbers on the keypad. 
At first I thought that when the character faced up the variable stored 8 , when faced right the variable stored 6, when faced down the variable stored 2 and when faced left the variable stored 4. 

However , when I am testing my event, the variable has none of the above values.

Can someone help me with how the direction is stored in variables ?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you post a screenshot showing the event? It might be that the event is not running at all, or it's not running at the correct moment. The variable will only get the value of the direction the exact moment you used the Change Variables command, it doesn't dynamically check the direction of the player. So if you want to see the direction, you'd need to use Change Variables right before checking the variable.

PS: I've also just checked right now and it (the method I stated above) works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josephkhland

Extremely Hardfork
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks, seems like I have stored them in the wrong variable. 
Sorry I should have checked better before posting for help...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
Although a lot of things are still not finished, I can't delay the early access date.
It's her birthday. :kaojoy:
Have you ever been truly comfortable? This weekend I experienced it for the first time in my 33 years on this planet. Try to get comfy, friends.
Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duselre