A Question Regarding TP

Gruesome

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So - I'm using tp a bit differently than the base engine wants to, and as such I'd love the ability to control tp gain more precisely. Now I'm not necessarily looking to change how TP works, I know for instance Yanfly has a plug in that will do that - rather I'd like to simply remove (or make constant) the variable that effects the amount of tp an actor begins each battle with. Right now it seems like at the start of each fight, the main character has anywhere from 5 to 15 TP. Any way to tighten that up, either in the scripts or in a setting? Thanks in advance!

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know of a script that affects how much TP the charecters start with, and gaining/ losing it in battle. I also know of a script that can add states based on how much TP you have, but those are for vx ace

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just to note, Yanfly's Enhanced TP plugin can actually do this: each mode has an Initial TP plugin parameter. If you want to retain the default TP behaviour in other aspects, I think you just need to set the Show Command parameter to false. Then you have it all set up for later in case you want to make more changes to the TP stuff. :)

Otherwise I'm pretty sure this is the function that sets starting TP:
Code:
Game_Battler.prototype.initTp = function() {
    this.setTp(Math.randomInt(25));
};
I.e. a random number from 0~24. To change that, save something like the following as a .js file and import it like a plugin:
Code:
Game_Battler.prototype.initTp = function() {
    this.setTp(0);
};
This example should make everyone start with 0 TP. :kaojoy:

Gruesome

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much everyone!! I'll look further into the plugin - just to be sure I'm not missing anything I might want to use there, but cae, that looks like just what I was looking for!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yosh! Senkara made a fourth video on my game.
This time, finding all the false endings. :LZScheeze:

P.S, his thumbnails are absolutely epic!
GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yournamehere