A question regarding YEP's Equip Core

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by KnightDragoon25, Aug 1, 2019.

1. KnightDragoon25

KnightDragoon25 Keyblade Master Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I'm using the custom parameters of Yanfly's Equip Core to give a weapon stats via two variables, which will allow me to modify it throughout the game. The function works as intended, but the stat changes the weapon gives isn't reflected in the stats displayed when looking at the weapon from the Weapon list. It's probably easier if I explain with a picture.

upload_2019-7-31_9-44-45.png

As you can see, the sword doesn't show the stats given to it through variables. Is there a way to have the stats shown here for the player to see without needing to go to the equipment scene?

2. Davekron

Davekron The Emperor's Archon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not sure if I understood clearly, but if you are using Yanfly's Item Core, you may write custom text to an item as description. There you can use Javascript as well to write the stats or variables you want, like this (right side):
    Help.jpg
    I hope this helps and sorry if it doesn't

3. KnightDragoon25

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, that's definitely an option to fall back on if I can't get it the way I want it.

What I'm hoping to be able to do is to get have the green number show up in the info window, but by having the weapon's stats controlled entirely by a variable so that I can increase it mid-game. So, using your sword as an example, the player would see the green +78 in the window, but the sword wouldn't have +78 in the editor.

upload_2019-7-31_13-40-2.png

In this case, there are no parameter changes made in the normal way. those two variables cover it.

4. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks like the number in the box is set only to ever show the value of the param coming from the item itself, not any bonus stats it's getting from the lunatic note tags you're using. The same thing is true in my own project, where the base atk value of a two handed weapon is the same as a one-handed weapon, but the actor's atk value is multiplied when he' using a two-handed weapon.

It probably wouldn't be difficult to make a patch to correct this issue. One would only need to modify the function that draws the base parameters and add in the function that already exists to calculate the bonus params.

5. KnightDragoon25

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not really knowledgeable about JS, but where do I find these functions?