A quick question about version

poseidon97

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
VNM
For Rpg Maker MV. The one on Steam or the version not on Steam? Are there any perks the other one has over the other one? I'm not too sure atm

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
There's no real difference in the program between the two. It comes down to what's more convenient for you.
If you buy from here, your key can be used as a Steam key as well. So you kinda have both then. (If you buy from Steam, you only have the Steam version.)

Reactions: Bex

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the steam version has an integrated handling for DLC (including a button on the resource manager)
with the standalone version you'll have to handle all DLC as files in your own structure without automated help.

you need to decide for yourself which one is better - some people prefer their own sorting for the DLCs, and that is easier without the steam structure, but if you don't want that added work for a better sorting then the steam version might be enough for you.

but as said the standalone version automatically includes the steam version - on the other hand the steam version alone is more often on sale with the steam resellers.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are willing to spend the money, buying the standalone version will put more back into the developers' pockets. And you get the benefits of both versions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor