A "Save as Draft" feature for Threads and Replies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind...
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Heya, thought I'd request a neat little feature. How about a Save as Drafts feature for creating threads and posting replies? I think it might be handy, especially when making lengthy (and possibly complex) posts that you could save and work on for later. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

mobychan

CodeMaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'd like this feature too ^^

would be really nice when preparing Game or Script Threads and you realize there's something missing

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't see this so much for posting as I do for creating a new topic, especially a game topic. Every community I've been through so far, not one of them has added this feature. When you are creating certain topics (such as games), there are so many rules to keep in mind of, and sometimes trying to create that topic only to realize you are missing some key pieces, or have to run off to work, you're only option is to:

A. Scrap it and start all over or

B: Post it anyways and hope you can fix it up before it gets removed and you'll have to start all over.

The only downside is that you'll have a people begin a topic, save it as a draft, forget they did and start all over, or abandon it completely. Either way, the topic continues to float around as a saved draft, which can pile up quickly after awhile. So maybe if something like this were implemented, it'd have to have a timeframe from which it needs to go from saved draft to official topic before it gets dumped.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A. Scrap it and start all over or

B: Post it anyways and hope you can fix it up before it gets removed and you'll have to start all over.
C: Copy paste it into notepad and save it for later.

Not saying we won't looking into this, but that is always an option (and I strongly suggest everyone keep a copy of any important topic like their game topic in a text file in case formatting borks up somehow).

Levi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
C: Copy paste it into notepad and save it for later.

Not saying we won't looking into this, but that is always an option (and I strongly suggest everyone keep a copy of any important topic like their game topic in a text file in case formatting borks up somehow).
Yeah. I have my tutorial and project threads backed up in Open Office.... and I typically write my posts in Open Office (saving regularly) then Copy/Paste it over and add attachments etc. I have two Project Threads typed up on my PC that I haven't posted here yet... since I'm still adding to them.

So yeah... it'd be nifty. But it isn't really necessary. More a luxury...

edit: Plus... say you want this because it'll host the draft here and allow you to edit it from any PC. Just use cloud. Sign up at as many places as you can (hotmail, dropbox etc.) and before you know it you'll have accumulated 30+ free Gigs of cloud.

Des

timefantasy.net
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
N/A
what? you're ridiculously spoiled. this kind of feature is pointless.

just save something in notepad or hell—google dox if it needs to be online. like how hard is it to think to do that?

Reactions: PK8

Nathanial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Honestly, unless it gets added into the software by Invision themselves, I won't be adding it.

It's not that I don't take your suggestion to heart, but something like that is just clogging the database, and opening up more potential problems.

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That would take some extensive modding of IPB. I'm not even sure there is a mod for it.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, unless it gets added into the software by Invision themselves, I won't be adding it.

It's not that I don't take your suggestion to heart, but something like that is just clogging the database, and opening up more potential problems.
And I was mostly waiting on this post, because I wasn't entirely sure on the feasibility of it. I was pretty sure it wasn't feasible, but didn't want to state it wasn't and be wrong :B.

Anyway, asked and answered, I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
I have a specialized class on intellectual property this semester (on Patent and Trademarks, Copyrights is next semester). Only had a quick overview of that in previous business law classes. I'll be able to help more people here when it comes to knowing what to do and your rights for intellectual property!
When you wanna write another pedantic post of your views on game dev... but your cousin and aunt have invited you to bowling
"Hey there! Hope you're having a nice day, you are awesome!"

(Of course the hand is awful :kaoswt: )
I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meektot