A script that removes all states with specific tags?

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by sleepy_sealion, Apr 26, 2018.

1. sleepy_sealion

sleepy_sealion Need to work harder! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi, I'm kind of stuck on how to get this idea to work - so I thought I'd try asking if someone can help me with this.

I'd like to have a script that lets you have a skill that removes all states on the target that are tagged with certain words like "buff" or "debuff" or "extra" - instead of having to make skills that remove every single ailment/debuff in the game if that's possible.

2. thephoenix112

thephoenix112 Veteran Veteran

Are you looking for specific words in the description/title? Or are you wanting to set defining terms for each event and then have any event with a specific flag be affected?

3. sleepy_sealion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    What I'd like is to have an event/skill remove any state with specific words in its note tag.
    Like having a skill that removes all states marked with "<debuff>" - and one that removes things marked with "<buff>".

4. thephoenix112

thephoenix112 Veteran Veteran

Ah, sheep, I don't know why I thought this was for MV, you probably would just need to have it add or remove and check for those things. It's a fairly simple script but I don't know if I know enough to do it in RGSS. If you have some money, it should be a fairly inexpensive script and done rather quick in the commission section.

5. sleepy_sealion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry about the mix up! Yeah, I feel like if I understood how the game checks everything better I could probably get it myself, - but I didn't know there was a commission section, which is good to know.