A "serious" superhero campaign?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Darryncosta, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Darryncosta

Darryncosta Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Has anyone here ever managed one? I don't mean some grimdark affair, just a game in which every character has a backstory, a personality, an agenda, and a sense of consequences. I've wanted to find a game like that for about a decade now, but no matter what group I join, what system we run, whether I'm in charge or someone else is running it, I always wind up disappointed. Someone wants to kill every NPC they don't like, treats the game like one big off-color joke, or else develops literally no character traits beyond their powerset and maybe a name. To be fair, I was in one game that showed promise! This was a few years back, with a bunch of randos. Unfortunately, my health got really bad and I couldn't keep up with it. (Game was after work and I couldn't stay awake and alert enough to play.)

Anyone have any tips? Are there any games with solid online communities these days? Not really worried about mechanics, just tired of games without dramatic consequence. I know different people have different tastes, I'm just exasperated.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Product Discussion and Support' is for questions relating to the software and dlc released by Degica.

I've moved this thread to Video Games. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. dulsi

dulsi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Are you asking about tabletop roleplaying games or online video games? I haven't played a superhero tabletop game in a long time. Most systems disappoint me due to their complexity. I did recently back the Tiny Supers with the hopes of running it. I'm not sure that the game system matters to your question.

I have thought of making a superhero rpg with rpg maker or another system but haven't tried yet. Hmm... maybe I could do something for the one map challenge. Have villains attack while you are in secret identity and have to find some place to change without compromising identity.